What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Eye in the Sky.

Thought provoking film about the decision making process leading up to giving the green light for a drone attack.

Excellent cast including Helen Mirren, Aaron Paul and Alan Rickman in his last film before he died.

8/10.

Free on Amazon Prime.

Graham

Watched it, quite a good film even though a bit predictable. Agree 8/10

gaz71

Über Member
John Wick Chapter 2.

Very entertaining action film with a high body count.Well worth a watch if thats your thing. 9/10

gbb

Squire
The Girl On The Train.

Can't figure out if I liked it or not, it was kinda captivating leaving you unsure if she's neurotic ?, is she just a drunk ? and or is she filled with jealousy, a slow burner, slightly erotic at times, occasionally violent, a mixed up story of mixed up people.

Well filmed, just can't figure if it was just too slow and too long before you get to the nitty gritty.

AndyRM

XOXO
It wasn't as funny as the first film, but it wasn't that bad. Perhaps you just didn't get it?!
We've just watched Hunt for the Wilderpeople. It's a New Zealand film. Hilarious! Definite 9/10. I would bill it as a family film, providing your family are as sweary as ours.

The bit where they get confronted by the three hunter guys in the cabin is genuinely one of the funniest things I've seen in a film.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Francis Ha. The biggest load of pretentious tosh I've ever seen. I don't think I've seen a film before that I truly loathe but I have now.

A story of a self obsessed annoying bint dancer and her equally obsessed New York friends, all of whom I wanted to bash with a cricket bat. Made in black and white probably because they had no money, B&W ffs.

Don't bother with this film it's shite. 0/10 it has no redeeming qualities at all.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
The White Ribbon

A Michael Hanneke film about a small German village in the period just before the first world war. Although it seems idyllic, dark secrets lurk behind the closed doors, and one comes to see the human presence as somehow besmirching the beauty that leaps from the wonderfully composed frames. Of Hanneke's work, it reminded me most of "Caché", although it's a more human, less chilly film than that (there are several moments of innocent kindness in it, and it feels more real for that). It does have the feeling that the resolution really isn't any such thing.

Fascinating and complex, and its black and white photography is achingly beautiful. I saw it on iPlayer, right at the end of its availability, sadly, but hopefully it will be shown again.

Tin Pot

Guru
Zulu 1964 - YouTube

My son was given understanding why the battle of Rorkes Drift occurred as homework.

How very interesting it is, so I showed him a bit of the movie then got hooked myself.

What an amazing event and film.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Chicargo the musical

[QUOTE 4701643, member: 9609"]Tom Hardy was recently reading bed time stories on Cbeebies (not quite sure why my wife recorded it)[/QUOTE]
That will forever be a mystery

tom-hardy-warrior.jpg

Made in black and white probably because they had no money, .
I'm not sure if this is humorous, or if you are somehow posting from the 20th century. Films are digital these days, so it costs the same to film in colour or B&W. Maybe printing would be more expensive in colour, but you only need to create prints if you have sales to cinemas without digital projectors. By that time you have a distribution deal that will cover the cost of the projectors.

Top Bottom