What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Well we saw a film last night that before we turned off in disgust, impressed us by shooting straight in to our top ten worst movies of all time. It's like that Seth Rogan has become the new Jonah of the movies as every appalling thing he's in has descended to a lower point than the previous one. He must have fallen out with his agent or something because his career is on a massively downward spiral and appears to be out of control. Last night's atrocity was Bad Neighbours 2 and no words have yet evolved to adequately describe just how bad it is so I'll settle for abysmal. I can't find one single thing to recommend it. Not one smart line, no funny moment, no impressive cast NOTHING! Save yourselves the bother and avoid this like you'd avoid one of those football tediounauts.

St. Vincent on Channel 4 last night. I don't normally like Bill Murray but I thought it was pretty good, if a slightly About The Boy cheesy ending. Quite a few laugh out loud moments, some darkness and generally well acted.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
DOA

(The video game adaptation, not the '50s thriller or its remake). Leering, bright adaptation of what I believe is a fighting game famed for featuring improbably clad young women, rather than the quality of its gameplay . It has a weird visual aesthetic, somewhere between a perfume ad from the early '90s and an advert for an overpriced soft drink, and continually brands itself, as though the viewer might have forgotten what they were watching.

The fighting segments are well handled by director Cory Yuen though, shot and edited in a way that's flattering to the skills of the actors. Although I'm no fan of the wire Fu style, it's employed in an entertaining, if weightless way here.

Not one to seek out, by any means, but it was better than Doom.

Eye in the Sky.

Thought provoking film about the decision making process leading up to giving the green light for a drone attack.

Excellent cast including Helen Mirren, Aaron Paul and Alan Rickman in his last film before he died.

8/10.

Free on Amazon Prime.

Graham

keithmac

Guru
Just re-watched Straight Outta Compton, brave to try and put it on film and they did an excellent job!.

Watched The Accountant again, worth watching twice as I missed the twist right at the end the first time..

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hacksaw ridge. Fantastic film. Very gory but well filmed. A great film. Thoroughly enjoyed it. 10/10

AndyRM

XOXO
Well we saw a film last night that before we turned off in disgust, impressed us by shooting straight in to our top ten worst movies of all time. It's like that Seth Rogan has become the new Jonah of the movies as every appalling thing he's in has descended to a lower point than the previous one. He must have fallen out with his agent or something because his career is on a massively downward spiral and appears to be out of control. Last night's atrocity was Bad Neighbours 2 and no words have yet evolved to adequately describe just how bad it is so I'll settle for abysmal. I can't find one single thing to recommend it. Not one smart line, no funny moment, no impressive cast NOTHING! Save yourselves the bother and avoid this like you'd avoid one of those football tediounauts.

So not your usual 6 then?

Sandra6

Veteran
It wasn't as funny as the first film, but it wasn't that bad. Perhaps you just didn't get it?!
We've just watched Hunt for the Wilderpeople. It's a New Zealand film. Hilarious! Definite 9/10. I would bill it as a family film, providing your family are as sweary as ours.

Top Bottom