What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Ted 2. What a disappointing sequel to the brilliant original. The only actor to emerge with any credit was Mila Kunis by not appearing in it!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Court Jester, a fine film with a top notch cast and so many classic quotes, the kids love it too!

This one's got the @theclaud seal of approval too iirc.

Good stock
Good battle
Goodbye

Slick

Guru
I watched Hacksaw Ridge. A bit Holywood, but ive always enjoyed war films and it was great to see the old boys talking at the end. It would probably just go down as ordinary if it was just a story, but fantastic when you knew there was at least some of it based in fact. Exactly what and how much would I suppose be up to the individual.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
[QUOTE 4620094, member: 259"]The Big Short - about the lead-up to the 2008 US housing market crash and the financial crisis. It was a bit slow in parts and none of the characters were particularly likeable, but it was 'interesting', which isn't something you can say about a lot of flicks nowadays.[/QUOTE]

Was that not just a documentary?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
[QUOTE 4620111, member: 259"]No, it had actors and stuff (although there was no sex or violence), but it was apparently closely based on what really happened and the real characters involved.[/QUOTE]

I was interested until the no sex or violence bit.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Watched quite a few movies over the Xmas break. Fantastic Beasts was a joy and much better than I thought it would be. Don't need to have watched the Harry Potter films. It all looks to be another great set of movies from Universal and JK.

Scary movie was Snowden, if half true the security forces are a law and executioner to themselves. Made me think about my smartphone and PC uses, but what would they want with me. A big eye opener

Top Bottom