What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
True Confessions of an International Assassin - 6/10

A daft spy movie spoof that's surprisingly funny, cartoonishly violent and an entertaining way to kill 90 minutes. I particularly liked the soundtrack which is traditional guitar mixed with Spanish covers of well known tunes.

stephec

Squire
A proper classic - Casablanca.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Walking Distance. Male bonding, morbid obesity and a digital camera, and not without a little humour. The mis en scene alone is worth ten points. Every shot carefully framed, a photographic delight. Perhaps the best film to come out of Mexico this year. Go watch it! However, props and colour schemes aren't everything: 7/10. (Usual cod Latin about other people's taste.)

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=5jOCVOKkXsg

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
There was the obligatory annual viewing of It's a Wonderful Life on Christmas Eve, which scores an unbeatable 10/10

Watched Deadpool and was pleasantly surprised to find something from the recent Marvel Cinematic Universe that wasn't complete bobbins (X-Men, I'm looking at you). Funny, self depreciating and rolled along at a cracking pace 8/10

Hail Cesaer - what a load of tosh. Binned it off after an hour 2/10

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- as I'm not a fan of the Harry Potter movies this was an unexpected pleasure and well worth a viewing 7/10

And finally, on the basis of the trailer alone, The Lego Batman Movie looks like being the first 'must see' movie of 2017...;)

gavgav

Legendary Member
Independence Day 2 (The Resurgence)..........The plot has more holes than a colander and it would make a good drinking game, with 1 shot of a spirit per movie cliche spotted (getting drunk would be easy). Entertaining at least.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
[QUOTE 4618210, member: 259"]We finally got round to watching Hail Caesar tonight. I thought it was the best film I've seen for ages. Usual Coen brothers suspects and more playing their socks off, really funny writing, dazzling dancing and synchronised swimming, and great little nods to noir classics and Hitchcock. 9/10 easily.[/QUOTE]

One of the great understated things about Hail, Caesar was that comma!

EDIT: no one could ever say an exclamation mark was understated, could they? Bugger, shamed by my own pedantry: Hail, Caesar!

Last edited:

gavgav

Legendary Member
Watched Deadpool and was pleasantly surprised to find something from the recent Marvel Cinematic Universe that wasn't complete bobbins (X-Men, I'm looking at you). Funny, self depreciating and rolled along at a cracking pace 8/10

Its definitely a "Marmite" film. Either you love it or hate it. I hated it and yet my best mate loved it and normally we have a very similar taste in films.

Top Bottom