What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist

I should think so!
^_^

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Mal de Pierres. A thin film that never really gets into its stride. But stick with it, it's tenderly filmed and the twist at the end is unexpected. Mal de Pierres means kidney stones. The film is based on the Italian book, Mal di Pietre, meaning kidney stones. For some reason it is called From the Land of the Moon in English. Usual caveats about not being to everyone's taste: 7/10.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-u2m9jGHiQ

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Revenant. not a bad film. lots of Gore . it was a bit long and long winded In some parts, but not bad. filming was excellent.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Revenant. not a bad film. lots of Gore . it was a bit long and long winded In some parts, but not bad. filming was excellent.
I thought it was a stunner. Don't think I've ever seen a more convincing portrayal of a time and place. This from the Guardian at the time...

bear.jpg

I caught 'The Lone Ranger' on BBC2 last night and surprisingly, rather enjoyed it.

I was initially drawn in by Johny Depp's portrayal of Tonto (would never have recognised him if I hadn't checked the cast list on IMDB) but also enjoyed the camera work and quality cast.

Some great one-liners, particularly from Depp's Tonto.

7/10

Graham

midlife

Guru
I caught 'The Lone Ranger' on BBC2 last night and surprisingly, rather enjoyed it.

I was initially drawn in by Johny Depp's portrayal of Tonto (would never have recognised him if I hadn't checked the cast list on IMDB) but also enjoyed the camera work and quality cast.

Some great one-liners, particularly from Depp's Tonto.

7/10

Graham

lr-04.jpg

Attachments

• lr-04.jpg
    lr-04.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 29
But stick with it, it's tenderly filmed and the twist at the end is unexpected
This maybe a spoiler in itself. Certainly for two famously twisty films
No Way Out and The Sixth Sense
just knowing the end has a surprise twist is enough. You can work out what the twist is if you know there is one.

However for
Fight Club, The Usual Suspects
less so, as I don't think the twist is an obvious one and both films stand a second watch after you know the twist.

If saying there is a twist is a spoiler, you can always phrase it more mildly, like 'it's worth sticking with this movie right to the end'

Note: All films referenced above are 20th century.

Top Bottom