What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
I really didn't like Gangs of New York, the story seemed really obvious and flawed, it was overly bloody and violent, DDL was dreadful, I can't really say it had any redeeming features for me anyway.

That's fair enough, though it was based on a nonfiction book and received a lot of praise for being accurate - not sure the source material could have been altered too much, especially since Muricans love their civil war history.

Thinking about it, I didn't really care for Lincoln. But then I saw it in the throes of a raging hangover which probably wasn't an ideal time.

RWright

Guru
I really didn't like Gangs of New York, the story seemed really obvious and flawed, it was overly bloody and violent, DDL was dreadful, I can't really say it had any redeeming features for me anyway.

All this time I thought it might be just me. I thought the DDL part was so overacted, if that is even a word, that is was irritating.

I recently watched Yoga Hosers. I got some laughs out of it but to say it was a little weird would be an understatement. I then read it was part of some trilogy so I went back and watched Tusk, the first part of the trilogy. Tusk wasn't nearly as funny as Yoga Hosers but it was almost as strange. I read that Johnny Depp was in the films but I had to go back and see which character was him. I wasn't sure while watching them. :scratch:

I am now anxiously awaiting the third part of the trilogy which they are saying will be called Moose Jaws. These are definitely not movies that everyone will appreciate. I have not read the movie reviews here in a while so they have maybe already been covered. Just don't blame me if you feel like you wasted a couple of hours of your life and wonder who do they get to finance films like this. I am one of the ones who didn't hate them and got a lot of laughs at the Canadian gags in Yoga Hosers. Some of it very subtle, some blatant.

Somehow I missed out on this film when released (16 years ago!) but saw it last night and quite enjoyed it.

The first X-Men film. Couldn't look at Hugh Jackman, though, without thinking it was Guy Martin.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXLyMnTCgKoGzY9odlIM9TL4YmYn7AWyts03-xNVBB5O6m2jLJtQ.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnCOph65G3k3xJS6wUNXYDnV_uu3FzWFZJ1sdXfJ9jTbpuTTWZXg.jpg

Attachments

• images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXLyMnTCgKoGzY9odlIM9TL4YmYn7AWyts03-xNVBB5O6m2jLJtQ.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 20
  • images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnCOph65G3k3xJS6wUNXYDnV_uu3FzWFZJ1sdXfJ9jTbpuTTWZXg.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 19

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Somehow I missed out on this film when released (16 years ago!) but saw it last night and quite enjoyed it.

The first X-Men film. Couldn't look at Hugh Jackman, though, without thinking it was Guy Martin.

The second is rather good too, as is "X-Men: First Class" (a sort of relocation of the X-Men to a James Bond-ish '60s, great fun).

Attachments

• images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXLyMnTCgKoGzY9odlIM9TL4YmYn7AWyts03-xNVBB5O6m2jLJtQ.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 19
  • images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnCOph65G3k3xJS6wUNXYDnV_uu3FzWFZJ1sdXfJ9jTbpuTTWZXg.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 22

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
An oldie called Footsteps in the Fog. Sort of a Victorian psychological thriller about a man who kills his wife and the maid who knows it. Excellent performances from the two leads, cracking script, many fine twists and turns and a top denouement. Tempted to put it in t'other thread. I mean, admittedly it was in actually not in monochrome but a gaudy, hammer-style technicolour... but it was a great b/w movie. 8/10.

postman

Squire
James Garner,Streets of Laredo,on two discs over four hours.It was actually a mini series,does it count.It was brilliant.So much so i am going to read the four book series.

Sleepers. Hadn't watched it for a few years, I'd forgotten what a powerful well acted film it is. Robert DeNiro's performance is outstanding.

macp

Guru
Sleepers. Hadn't watched it for a few years, I'd forgotten what a powerful well acted film it is. Robert DeNiro's performance is outstanding.
When I read sleepers I thought of Woody Allen but then that movie is called sleeper. Man I love that movie, sorry as you were but I leave you with a quote from the movie.

When I asked my mother where babies came from, she thought I said "rabies." She said you get them from being bitten by a dog. The next week, a woman on my block gave birth to triplets... I thought she'd been bitten by a great dane.

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
Jurassic World tonight aft Jurassic Park last night. My 3 year old loves dinosaurs and isn't scared on bit which I mistakenly found out when channel hopping a few weeks back. He now wants every Jurrasic World toy including a very expensive remote controlled Adominus Rex

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I thought of Woody Allen but then that movie is called sleeper. Man I love that movie
+1 for Sleeper. Almost p***** myself laughing when I first saw it 3 decades ago. Perhaps a bit dated now, but the first half is still strong.

I watched "The Lobster" yesterday. Must have gone over my head, because I haven't a clue what to make of it.

Top Bottom