What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When I got home last night, wife was watching 'The Addams Family' with daughter, & they were both giggling at it

It was the first film, Anjelica Houston, Raul Julia, & a (wonderfully deadpan) Christina Ricci

Dare I say it's a feel-good film, because it seems that the cast would have had such fun making it
Another one, as I see it, is the remake of 'The Beverley Hill-Billies'
I like that film, from the 'LA greeting, & the guns on the freeway, to the dumb-ass Jethro, & everything inbetween

The end credits, with Deidrich Baider(?) as Jethro/Jethrina, snorting

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Jaws. Dum dum, dum dum, dum dum, dum dum. "We're gonna need a bigger boat". Great stuff. 9/10. Robert Shaw hamming it up. He made Robert Newton's Long John Silver, look tame.
Did you jump when the head fell out of the bottom of the boat? Gets me every time that... i know it's coming, but it always gets me!

Hurt Locker... pretty good although always gutted that Guy Pearce gets blown up at the start, then Ralph Fiennes gets shot after 5 mins on screen...why kill off the best actors?

Moon is on TV this week...can't remember the channel, but worth a watch if not seen!

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Midnight Express. Stands up pretty well, and John Hurt plays a blinder. Pretty gut-wrenching stuff. Don't do drugs, children, 'nkay?
Saw it last year, excellent film, much of it filmed in Malta, which I didn't realise until the final scene when he is walking / running away from the jail and I recognised the stretch of road just outside the war museum in Valletta. I've got the book on my Goodreads to read shelf as well.

Can Will Ferrell make a bad film? Yes. Lots of them. He has his moments but mostly bellows his way through unfunny scripts, mistaking volume for humour. He's traded off Saturday Night Live characters and jokes for way too long.
yeah not a fan of the dude, but did you know he is the highest paid Hollywood actor as % of the film takings......oh, I did like him in Elf

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Just watched X-Files "I want to believe" movie after watching every episode of the TV series (up to series 9) since March this year, on Spike / Amazon Prime, including the X Files film at the end of series 6. Not bad, but not as good as the TV show or the previous film. Not sure if it was filmed with a dulling effect but I bought the DVD and it seemed very low light and the picture was not too sharp. Anyway, now for series 10 of the TV show.

Top Bottom