What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
IMDB users rate films that haven't even been released yet... basing their 'awesome' score on the trailer alone :wacko:

They really should come up with a random question generator to vet users.

"Is Vin Diesel your favourite actor?"

"Do you enjoy Uwe Boll films?"

"Are the Transformers films acceptable?"

Etc. Answer yes to any of them and you may read the site but not contribute. Same for Rotten Tomatoes.

KEEF

Veteran
Bone Tomahawk........Cowboys and Indians....

Oh! I went to the cinema! And caught a very new film - it's not starting until friday.

Ghostbusters - remak-ish of the 1984 with a predominantly female cast. I enjoyed it a lot, not a lot of belly laughs but quite a few chuckles. I found it quite engaging, and happily sat through the endless credits for the last laugh after they finished. Lots of call backs to the original movie, but not invasively so. My friend had never seen the original but that did not spoil the film for her, she just missed a few laughs.

smiler1207

I watched Jaws as my 10 year old son wanted to watch it... He loved it and I enjoyed it too. It stands up better than I expected from an effects point of view and wasn't as dated as I remember!

Also watched 10 cloverfield Lane. I enjoyed it as I love films that are a bit different! The ending is also an acquired taste but overall a solid 8/10.

They really should come up with a random question generator to vet users.

"Is Vin Diesel your favourite actor?"

"Do you enjoy Uwe Boll films?"

"Are the Transformers films acceptable?"

Etc. Answer yes to any of them and you may read the site but not contribute. Same for Rotten Tomatoes.
Or just one question.

Are you a white adult male? They have that demographic pretty thoroughly covered.

(does anyone actually like Uwe Boll films. Uwe does, obvs, but anyone else?)

benb

Evidence based cyclist
No Escape
Owen Wilson travels to an unnamed SE Asian country to run a water plant, and no sooner has he landed than there's a coup d'etat by rebels who are angry about Western companies controlling their country's natural resources.
Thick in the sense of a sledgehammer, with virtually no nuance. Unremittingly grim, and not in a good way. I wouldn't quite go so far as to call it racist, but with few exceptions, the asian characters are crazed killers. Also a misleading title, as they do in fact escape. 3/10.

Aliens
As close to a perfect film as it's possible to get. Tense, scary and claustrophobic. Great acting, great script. Wonderful. 9½/10

AndyRM

XOXO
Or just one question.

Are you a white adult male? They have that demographic pretty thoroughly covered.

(does anyone actually like Uwe Boll films. Uwe does, obvs, but anyone else?)

This is almost painful to type, but Assault on Wall Street is actually alright.

And I have a grudging respect for Postal, purely because he knows everyone hates him, doesn't care and has made the film purely as f*ck you to the world. There's a bit in it when Boll and the maker of the original game are being interviewed and laughing at how terrible they are.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
13 Going on 30.

Jennifer Garner stars in this film, a sort of "Lady Big", which also has Mark Ruffalo in it. The unique conceit here is perhaps that the protagonist is dropped into her "big" life 17 years on, witbout having lived it (rather than appearing fully grown in the same life). I hesitate to say "hilarity ensues" but it's an interesting idea. This kind of film is not my balliwick at all, so a difficult one to judge. It seemed like an average example of the type.

Sandra6

Veteran
Dusk til Dawn, as a precursor to watching the netflix series.
It wasn't as good as I remembered, and no2son was unimpressed. On the up side, it means the series doesn't have as much to live up to.

Top Bottom