What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
I
a lot of people seem to struggle with Inglorious Basterds not being historically accurate.... which leaves me wondering if they understand the difference between fiction and non-fiction. Whatever you do, don't read or watch A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court... you'll waste loads of time trying to work out if it actually happened or not :wacko:

not a film.. but i've been catching up with Indian Ocean with Simon Reeve... gripping stuff in Somalia :eek:
Perhaps I should have used the words historically implausible. Inasmuch as you can't hijack an historical event and.completely rewrite the course of that event to shoehorn entertainment into it. Just a personal opinion of course.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Men in Black.
Wonderful nonsense, and Will Smith at his best. It isn't often that the septics can carry off irony as well as that.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Total recall. The new one. Much better than the original with arnie whats his face. Great special effects. Worth watching. 7/10

welsh dragon

Total Recall? Hardly a memorable film though, was it?

No, but as films go I have seen a lot worse. It is easy to while away a couple of hours watching it and not feel tnat it has been a total waste of time especially when you consider some of the complete rubbish that seems to be on these days. I did say it was better than the original, not that it was a great film. :rolleyes:

welsh dragon

Total Recall..... Not very memorable........ Geddit? ^_^

Groan groan :laugh:? Err what did you say again?

welsh dragon

I watched Ganster Squad starring Josh Brolin. Excellent film. Very bloody and violent, but a film I would thoroughly recommend. 10/10. Keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole way through.

Nihal

Veteran
Thor The Dark World-for a movie about the "destruction of the Nine Realms",its actually quite funny.Natalie Portman slapping both Loki and Thor:giggle:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
World's End - The Simon Pegg, Nick Frost film.
The first half was good, the second half wasn't, the usual Pegg / Frost zombie stuff didnt really work this time.

AndyRM

XOXO
No, but as films go I have seen a lot worse. It is easy to while away a couple of hours watching it and not feel tnat it has been a total waste of time especially when you consider some of the complete rubbish that seems to be on these days. I did say it was better than the original, not that it was a great film. :rolleyes:

Sacrilege! The new Total Recall is essentially a castrated version of the original, same with the new Robocop.

Why Paul Verhoeven has allowed two of his classics to be toned down for the 12A generation is beyond me. If rumours surrounding the Starship Troopers remake prove true, they are going to ruin it.

IMO the only 'modern' interpretations of old films that come out with any credibility are Rocky and Rambo, largely because of Stallone's determination not to allow his characters to be butchered.

Top Bottom