What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Inglourious Basterds. Not sure what make mske of it. Compelling plot, complete nonsense in terms af history and realism, grisly scenes, some woeful acting, standard Tarantino, hardly a classic. Feel good but feel sick, then feel cheated.... does that sum it up?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
[QUOTE 2943099, member: 259"]Best part of any Ice Age film![/quote]

The small furry thing with the acorn is the best.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Inglourious Basterds. Not sure what make mske of it. Compelling plot, complete nonsense in terms af history and realism, grisly scenes, some woeful acting, standard Tarantino, hardly a classic. Feel good but feel sick, then feel cheated.... does that sum it up?

Yes it does, I thought it was a pile of shite too. Reminded me of a violent Allo Allo, I thought that was crap too. I must be getting old as I found the part where they used a base ball bat on somebody's head truly sickening.

Grendel

Veteran
[QUOTE 2932133, member: 25I put off seeing O Brother for years because of all the hype. What a mistake!
It was probably one of the worst films I've ever seen. My friend on the other hand thinks its one of the best.[/quote]

Oh Brother is one of the greatest films EVER! Fantastic characters, great dialogue, a wonderful setting and outstanding music.

The Coen Brothers can be a mixed bag. They seem to have moved away from the rounded, complete story arc though, and instead seem happy to just take you on a journey. At the end of a few films I have been left scratching my head, wondering "what happened there, is that it?"
Inside LLewyn Davies and No Country For Old Men are both in that category. Outstanding but baffling.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Just watched the hobbit. What a film excellent, funny sad exciting and the cgi is second to none. Cant wait for the next one. This is a must see film. Even better than the Lord of the rings.

10/10 a great film.

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
Last night we watched 'American Graffiti', one of my all time faves.
We used a HD projector to give a screen of about 2.5 meters and run the sound through a Technics amp & speakers.
DVD was in a PS3, HDMI cable into the projector.
I never saw it at the cinema so this was the closest to seeing it on the big screen.
DSCF2117_zps74f124f6.jpg

Last edited:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Escape Plan
Pretty dire - like a couple of really bad episodes of 24, but nowhere near as much fun (and a lot less believable)
Plenty of action but the plot makes absolutely no sense whatsoever
As watchable as anything else churned out in this genre - 4/10

Watched it last night sitting on a plane, so i had nowhere better to be. If I had I doubt I would have made it to the end. Total crap film, with plot holes bigger than an oil tanker!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Inglourious Basterds. Not sure what make mske of it. Compelling plot, complete nonsense in terms of history and realism, grisly scenes, some woeful acting, standard Tarantino, hardly a classic. Feel good but feel sick, then feel cheated.... does that sum it up?
a lot of people seem to struggle with Inglorious Basterds not being historically accurate.... which leaves me wondering if they understand the difference between fiction and non-fiction. Whatever you do, don't read or watch A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court... you'll waste loads of time trying to work out if it actually happened or not :wacko:

not a film.. but i've been catching up with Indian Ocean with Simon Reeve... gripping stuff in Somalia :eek:

Top Bottom