What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
The last film I watched was LA Confidential, a story of police corruption in 1950s Los Angeles. I recorded it about 3 months ago, I thought it was excellent. Russell Crowe plays his part to perfection. I will definitely watch it again some time.

U

User6179

Watched Armstrongs Lie yesterday, no winners in this documentary but a good incite into a sport so corrupt that in the 7 years Armstrong won the TDF all but one (20 out of 21) of the podium finishers tested positive for drugs .

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Watched Armstrongs Lie yesterday, no winners in this documentary but a good incite into a sport so corrupt that in the 7 years Armstrong won the TDF all but one (20 out of 21) of the podium finishers tested positive for drugs .
I can remember reading his book "It's not about the bike" and admiring him so much.....how disillusioned we all became.

ASC1951

Guru
Off to watch Her in an hour. The reviews vary between two stars and five, so it could be a waste of my £4.50. It gets 84% on IMDb, which IME is generally reliable on low scores but not always to my taste on high scores - Iron Man struck me as childish crap despite its 79%.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Off to watch Her in an hour. The reviews vary between two stars and five, so it could be a waste of my £4.50. It gets 84% on IMDb, which IME is generally reliable on low scores but not always to my taste on high scores - Iron Man struck me as childish crap despite its 79%.

Iron man 3 wasn't as good as the others.

ASC1951

Guru
Iron man 3 wasn't as good as the others.
I meant Iron Man 1 - so bad that I would have had to be paid to go to the others. But I'm not the target audience.

Leaway2

Lycrist
Watched the Armstrong lie last night. He came over as not quite the demon has has been made out to be, rightly or wrongly. The basic premise that I got from it was, that it was a level playing field, because everyone was doing it.
The big difference was that LA kept the lie going even when all the evidence showed that he had.
I have read the secret race by Tyler Hamilton and Daniel Coyle and am reading the David Walsh book at currently. This film sees it from a slightly different perspective.

Watched the Armstrong lie last night. He came over as not quite the demon has has been made out to be, rightly or wrongly. The basic premise that I got from it was, that it was a level playing field, because everyone was doing it.
The big difference was that LA kept the lie going even when all the evidence showed that he had.
I have read the secret race by Tyler Hamilton and Daniel Coyle and am reading the David Walsh book at currently. This film sees it from a slightly different perspective.
I also watched The Armstrong Lie. I really feel sorry for him after watching it. It has changed my perspective on the cycling sport and him as a man. I also watched Mark Cavendish: Born to Race... AMAZING!

Top Bottom