What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'll post this before the event, in case any of you fancy watching it again too...

Renton said:
Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a f***ing big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin can openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of f***ing fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the f*** you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing f***ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, p***ing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, f***ed-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life . . . But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
Trainspotting, tonight, Film4, 11:30!

ColinJ

I'll post this before the event, in case any of you fancy watching it again too...

Trainspotting, tonight, Film4, 11:30!
Sorry - in a minute or two - 11:25!

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
300. Very silly, but I like it.
And just watched the first part of Full Metal Jacket, up to the moment when Gomer Pyle shot the Drill Instructor and then himself.

Reactions: gbb

asterix

Comrade Member
Lone Survivor.

Can't recommend it and from reading about the reality I don't think the film is very accurate (shock, horror!). Lots of gory detail to wallow in though.

Otherwise was thinking 'cowboys n injuns' plus seventh cavalry and where's big John when they need him?

ASC1951

Guru
Inside Llewyn Davies. Reasonable script and some decent acting but - unusually for a Coen Brothers film - I didn't really care what happened to any of the characters.

ColinJ

And just watched the first part of Full Metal Jacket, up to the moment when Gomer Pyle shot the Drill Instructor and then himself.
IIRC, it was filmed in Milton Keynes!

donnydave

Über Member
Lego Movie last night.

Memorable quotes:

I'm Batman, I only build in black bricks, or occasionally very very very dark grey.

Its not Tacos Tuesday, its Freedom Friday, although obviously still on Tuesday

We are from the planet Duplo and we are here to destroy you

Brilliant stuff.

Octet

Veteran
Tomboy, a French film (2011) which follows the story of a girl (Laure) who pretends to be a boy (Mikael) in front of her new friends, only for the situation to turn beyond complicated and begin to fall apart.

It covers a number of interesting themes, and certainly brings to light a number of difficult to answer questions and scenarios.

Top Bottom