What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just seen 'Limitless'; an enjoyable and original film, but it didn't make the most of its potential.

Last edited:

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Watched a film called 'The Sessions'
About a guy in his late 30's, paralysed by polio who wants to loose his virginity. He decides to hire a sex therapist who helps him achieve his goal, with the added side effect of her falling for him.
Strange film but funny in places with a full frontal of Helen Hunt.......just thought I'd throw that in there !

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (the recent remake)
An odd one - must admit it was a bit of a pleasant surprise and i quite enjoyed it -
could have been a whole lot better though - some great ideas but needed a lot more work
thought it was going to be terrible and it wasn't half bad so i'd give it 6/10

Escape Plan
Pretty dire - like a couple of really bad episodes of 24, but nowhere near as much fun (and a lot less believable)
Plenty of action but the plot makes absolutely no sense whatsoever
As watchable as anything else churned out in this genre - 4/10

PaulB

Legendary Member
Watched a film called 'The Sessions'
About a guy in his late 30's, paralysed by polio who wants to loose his virginity. He decides to hire a sex therapist who helps him achieve his goal, with the added side effect of her falling for him.
Strange film but funny in places with a full frontal of Helen Hunt.......just thought I'd throw that in there !
I watched that. Very touching. 6/10.

Just seen 'Limitless'; an enjoyable and original film, but it didn't make the most of its potential.
That's one of my favourite current films.

Last night, we watched Pedro Almodovar's 'The skin I'm in'. Very, very good. 6/10

We also watched Dexter Fletcher's 'Sunshine on Leith' which, despite the handicap of being a musical, is quite good. The main problem was who they gave the main song to...she could have been great singing that but despite her voice being brilliant in 'Little Voice', she let herself, the song and us down with a lacklustre performance. 6/10.

asterix

Comrade Member
Have watched the Wolf of Wall Street. Amazing stuff. Strangely the victims were never more than a voice on the other end of the telephone call. Probably how it was thanks to technology and also what made it so easy to pull off the scams. Based on a true story and demonstrates that crime can be made to pay. He'd have made a lousy dentist anyway.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I downloaded crank starring jason statham, but after only 10 minutes I turned it off. Absolute rubbish. I like Jason statham, but this was awful....
I heard a cardio-thoracic surgeon discussing the total unfeasibility of the activities in that film on a Radio 4 programme one afternoon. He dissected every action scene and explained in clinical detail why that was physically and biologically impossible to have taken place in reality.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I heard a cardio-thoracic surgeon discussing the total unfeasibility of the activities in that film on a Radio 4 programme one afternoon. He dissected every action scene and explained in clinical detail why that was physically and biologically impossible to have taken place in reality.

What a sad person.:laugh: bloody awful film

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Have watched the Wolf of Wall Street. Amazing stuff. Strangely the victims were never more than a voice on the other end of the telephone call. Probably how it was thanks to technology and also what made it so easy to pull off the scams. Based on a true story and demonstrates that crime can be made to pay. He'd have made a lousy dentist anyway.
You think it isn't still going on using different technology?

Top Bottom