What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

I heard a cardio-thoracic surgeon discussing the total unfeasibility of the activities in that film on a Radio 4 programme one afternoon. He dissected every action scene and explained in clinical detail why that was physically and biologically impossible to have taken place in reality.

Here is me thinking it was based on a true story:smile:

U

User6179

Not a film but I watched the first 3 episodes of HBOs new series True Detective , was really good and am hooked already 9/10:thumbsup:

nappadang

Über Member
I saw some advert quoting the "you may contribute a verse" line. I decided to dig out The Dead Poets Society DVD and enjoyed every minute of it. Definitely one of my favourite films.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Street Kings - Keanu Reeves (that should have been a warning!), Forest Whitaker, Hugh Laurie ... Dire! :wacko:

It was a mishmash of about 5 different US cop films, with a crap script, and a wooden acting chaser! :laugh:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
in the morning I will have watched Austenland last night.

Laugh out loud funny, which is always a bonus in a rom-com.

D

Deleted member 23692

12 Years a Slave, last night and what a boring thing it is.

Superbly filmed and acted, but it's overly plodding and the story is hardly worth a 2¼ hour film?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Jack the giant slayer. A take on jack and the beanstalk. Ok, so it was more a childs film, but I don't mind being childish, as i am sure some here will readily attest to. Some kids films are better than adult films. Saying that not a bad film. Bits were quite funny, animations were quite good, not a bad film even if I do say so. Well worth watching if you want something to chill out to, and don't want anything to heavy or thought provoking. Kids would enjoy it I have no doubt.

Goldfinger brought to life on my mate's new Panasonic Viera 42" 400Hz Smart TV - great film made even better by the 3D like depth.

Last edited:

postman

Squire
Great Expectations 1946 black and white,too many top actors to mention.Pure class.Cost me the wallet busting 25p off E Bay.No case, disc in a cardboard sleeve.

Simmer

Riddick , loved it. Explosions, aliens, space ships and boobies... simple story and easy to watch.

Yeah I'm easily pleased :smile:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
On the morrow I will say 12 Years A Slave.

Unlike @Ffoeg I thought it was very well done and seemed much shorter than it was in reality.

My enjoyment was slightly dimmed by the pissed couple sat next to us talking in very loud whispers. She needed the plot explaining ffs, AND the ELO tribute band playing too loud in the theatre next door.

Top Bottom