What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Despicable Me 2....banananana
banana.jpg

The Hunger Games - Catching fire

Not quite as good as the first, but once it gets going, it is a good film..........odd end though????

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Watched The Rebel (Tony Hancock) last night with my youngest. Interesting experience. She hated it...not in the sense of thinking it was bad - she laughed quite a lot - but she found the whole cringe-making watch-thru-your-hands basis of the humour almost intolerable. She compared it - quite rightly - to Clockwise - the one where John Cleese is the headmaster who has to get somewhere in time and keeps getting thwarted ("It's not the despair. I can handle the despair. It's the hope.") It set me thinking...there is a definite vein in humour - or perhaps English humour - driven by an overpowering stench of dread and discomfort. Perhaps it's a generational thing. I still enjoy it; she really doesn't.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I started watching the fourth kind, but it was so awful that I had to go to sleep to relieve the boredom.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I just watched Filth tonight. The first hour was superb, the last 40 minutes I found really heavy. James McAvoy was really, really good. Too good to be honest playing somebody self-destructing. For some reason I thought this film was supposed to be a comedy and yes it has its moments but the last part of the film is anything but. Good film, but the kind of film that I am not sure I want to watch again...

8/10

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Kill Your Darlings, a strong confident film about Alan Ginsberg's Fresher year at university. Poetry, culture, murder and Daniel Radcliffe playing a very convincing lead (despite dancing with a broomstick in his first scene). The film suffers a bit under the many themes it tries to work out but all in all, well worth the ticket price. Go and see it.

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects
A Bugs Life...on double-sided DVD, no less! "Tangled" last week, which was much better. Maximus steals the thunder of that film in every scene he's in <3

I watched The 12 O' Clock Boyz ... not a movie, more of a documentary. All about young black kids riding dirt bikes illegally all over the city.

Alex H

Legendary Member
Citizen Kane - third attempt, third failure :wacko: That's it, it's gone to a charity shop near you, perhaps.

Bad enough the 15 minutes of fake documentary at the start, with the shouty voiceover. The film itself generates no interest, I don't really care about any of the characters or why the guy said 'Rosebud' as he died.

Wikipedia says;

"Often considered by critics, filmmakers and fans to be the greatest film ever made, Citizen Kane was voted the greatest film of all time in five consecutive Sight & Sound's polls of critics, until it was displaced by Vertigo in the 2012 poll. It topped the American Film Institute's 100 Years ... 100 Movies list in 1998, as well as the AFI's 2007 update. Citizen Kane is particularly praised for its innovative cinematography, music, and narrative structure."

What are those critics on?

It's now second on my list of the worst, most-hyped movies of all time, after Run Lola, Run

Top Bottom