What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Lincoln. What a load of dreary, plodding, going-nowhere-fast this is! It's right up there with the dreary Amistad and Joe Black (?) as a suffer-fest for the hapless viewer. 6/10

To improve things, we watched that Point Blank on BBC 4 later on. MUCH better! A John Boorman film starring Lee Marvin, a very attractive young Angie Dickinson and Keenan Wynn. Very good, 6/10

152l2

The Seasoning House.........xx(:sad::headshake:. Not what I (or Mrs R) was expecting.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 2881775, member: 259"]The Producers (the original with Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder). Class![/quote]
Leo: Actors aren't animals! They're human beings!
Max : Have you ever eaten with one?

I'd forgotten just how good it is. Laughed like a drain.

Time to go to work...

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Agreed, very well made.
The book is even better.

Never read the book, but like I suppose like most films, the book is always better. May read it. :thumbsup:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
that was the first VHS i watched on our new VCR back in nineteen-eighty-?? ... it baffled me then, maybe i should revisit it.
I wouldn't go out of your way. It's no less baffling now...but it's an interesting period-piece. Swinging London, man. Daddyo. Whatever.

Intouchables.

very funny and endearing French comedy drama, wealthy paraplegic hires a Earth Wind and Fire fan. recommended.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Saturday was:-

Honey I blew up the Kid.

Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2 and.....

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (yes there is a two, my kids made me download the first one). What a wierd film ! Just totally bonkers. Think the makers were on LSD.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 2881775, member: 259"]The Producers (the original with Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder). Class![/quote]

Agree a great film. Mind you so are Blazing Saddles, Young Frankensein, Silent movie, and the utter genius of High Anxiety. Other than perhaps Kurosawa, i don't think any director has a higher masterpiece to output ratio. Brooks'scombination of lowbrow humour, self mockery, tehcnical perfection & craftsmanship, and all round genius puts him up there with the true greats cinema, and concedes no ground to anyone.

Top Bottom