What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Watched The Go Between with my youngest last night. She was impressed by the fast-paced action. I couldn't decide whether (as she felt) it was stilted, or whether it was a very skilful evocation of a stilted era. I enjoyed it anyway.

(That The War Game is a laff riot sure enough. They showed us that at school. That's how rad we were, man.)

PaulB

Legendary Member
Eden. A true story of the abduction and sexual slavery of an American-Chinese girl told from her perspective. It's truly chilling but ends in an unsatisfactory, inconclusive way. You're there cheering her on and wanting a nasty ending for all the baddies but before the denouement, the titles come!

postman

Squire
Mine is a BBC adaptation of Our Mutual Friend.It is superb,two discs,i am also reading the book ,the film is excellent.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 2867690, member: 259"]LP Hartley. He was never as famous as JR :whistle:. Is that the one with Alan Bates and Julie Christie in it? I remember it being pretty good.[/quote]
That's the feller. Indeed...of its era, but I think it stands up pretty well.

longers

Legendary Member
Pingu-Pongu last night.

Took a chance on it from a recommendation from who knows where and it's much more enjoyable than you'd think a film about table tennis ought to be.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Morgan - A Suitable Case for Treatment. Rather odd, quite enjoyable, incredibly '60s. Irene Handl is wonderful, as ever.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
last night i watched "the host"
an interesting film about aliens that are little caterpiller hairy things that travel around the galaxy occupying the planets dominant species, thus people become hosts for them and our minds are suppressed (in some)
the story is about a host who can talk to the occupier still and actually persuades them to rebel agains the alien society and help the humans etc.
it's based on a book apparently, makes me actually want to read the book and see if there are others.
film wasn't bad but it wasn't brilliant.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Also watched 'Eden'
Horrific human trafficking / prostitution story. .......just about watchable

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I watched Hellraiser last night. I haven't seen it for probably 20 years and I have to say it was really good, way better then I remember it. Sure some of the acting was shite (it's a horror film) but on the whole way better than most horror films.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Just watched "Our Relations" (Stan & Ollie) - the boys play their twin brothers as well as "themselves" and various mix ups ensue. Not the teams best by any means, and drags a bit, but has a few superb set pieces - especially the final scene where the boys have their feet set in concrete by gangsters and wobble precariously on a dockside like giant subuteo men.

Worth a watch, albeit not an all time greatest like "way Out West" or "Helpmates" which must rank among the greatest films of all time .

And yesterday went to the pictures to see Belle et la Bete. Pure magic from start to finish.
(1946 version)

Top Bottom