What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
I watched 'Blow' last night ! Seen it before but it was listed on movies on demand so thought I'd watch it again. Johnny Depp at his best as an up and coming drug dealer in the 60's & 70's.

5/5 for me

Cheddar George

oober member
Life of Pi ........... the book was better.

Maz

Guru
"Gravity"

Really enjoyed - it lends itself well to the big screen. The CGI was spectacular.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Jack Reacher.

Apart from the distraction of the gorgeous Rosamund Pike this film was virtually unwatchable - it was as limp as a wet lettuce leaf. Shallow, flimsy plot, some very poor acting in places and full of action thriller cliches.

Only watched as my best mate, of too many decades to remember, has read all the 50 squillion books about this character and he said it was great.

Much as I love him I may have to de-friend him when I see him tomorrow him tomorrow.....:ohmy:

I started to watch that last night, watched 20 mins and turned it off ......pure cheese

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Actually, I've done it myself a couple of times, usually when I've paid at the cinema and refuse to "not get my money's worth"! :laugh:

(I can't remember what the films were.)

Ah, but that's bad logic, which I used to follow too. Thing to remember is that the money has already been wasted, but your time is not yet lost !

A bit like poker, the money already in the pot is no longer yours, but that's no reason to waste your remaining money.

Proto

Legendary Member
Before Midnight. As before brilliantly written and acted, but far less 'feel good' than the first two parts. The next episode in nine years time should be interesting.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Star Trek Into Darkness. Used to be a Trekkie until I visited the Star Trek exhibition up town many years ago which rather spoilt the whole thing, but still enjoy the films. The latest instalment was great.

Top Bottom