What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Watched "Snatch" aaggain the other night, it was on tv so I had to watch it again. A classic film.
"Do you know what a nemesis is?" Classic :thumbsup:

Last night i watched Blackout, from 1978... A big storm hits NY and causes a citywide blackout, in the mayhem, a group of crims escape a prison van and the TERROR BEGINS!

MV5BMTk5NzIzNTExOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDE1NzA4Mg@@._V1_SY317_CR1,0,214,317_.jpg

Not really, in this 'exciting made action thriller', the unconvincing baddies meander through a posh apartment block, robbing as they go as a lone cop tries to restore order... lame, dated, but fun. Contrary to the DVD cover, it's only 90 minutes of 'sheer terror'.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Watched "Snatch" aaggain the other night, it was on tv so I had to watch it again. A classic film.

A great film. Love it. And Lock Stock.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Jack Reacher.

Apart from the distraction of the gorgeous Rosamund Pike this film was virtually unwatchable - it was as limp as a wet lettuce leaf. Shallow, flimsy plot, some very poor acting in places and full of action thriller cliches.

Only watched as my best mate, of too many decades to remember, has read all the 50 squillion books about this character and he said it was great.

Much as I love him I may have to de-friend him when I see him tomorrow him tomorrow.....:ohmy:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Jack Reacher.

Apart from the distraction of the gorgeous Rosamund Pike this film was virtually unwatchable - it was as limp as a wet lettuce leaf. Shallow, flimsy plot, some very poor acting in places and full of action thriller cliches.

Only watched as my best mate, of too many decades to remember, has read all the 50 squillion books about this character and he said it was great.

Much as I love him I may have to de-friend when I see him tomorrow him tomorrow.....:ohmy:

I watched it on a plane recently and quite enjoyed it. Oh well.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Just when I thought things could not get any worse, 2011 film The Three Musketeers! JeeeezusHtittyhitlerChrist! What a feckin awful pile of dross.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 2495311, member: 30090"]They're are shocking, even the one made in the 90's is s***e.

However the two films made in the 70's starring Oliver Reed I thought were really good[/quote]

I've never seen the others, this one was truly feckin awful.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Tim Burton's Frankenweenie: loner kid, mad science teacher, creepy classmates, morbid experiments, psycho mayor, references to classic horror aplenty, standard horror story format expertly followed in black and white stop motion - great stuff!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Harvey, a film about a gently sozzled James Stewart playing Elwood P Dowd ("here, let me give you one of my cards, don't worry if you lose it I've got plenty more") and his giant invisible rabbit called Harvey. Elwood swans through each day calmly sorting out other peoples lives for them. Fun ensues as his sister tries to get him committed. A classic, very enjoyable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom