What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Haven't been to the cinema for months, though can't wait to see Despicable Me 2.... those minions!

Oh yes. Loved Dispicable Me

snorri

Legendary Member
I used to go the pictures once a year on my annual visit to London, but for the last few years there hasn't been a film that appealed to me. Can't remember when I last watched a film on tv, many months, maybe years.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
What film did I watch last night??

Why, it was so enjoyable, so well executed, so finely crafted, so beautifully shot, so brilliantly conceived and so masterfully written that I can't even remember what it was!!

RWright

Guru
I watched Fried Green Tomatoes, first time I have watched it since the year it came out. Pretty good still, for a chick flick. I noticed some bee houses on some of the routes I have been riding lately and thought...well I won't say exactly what I thought, but that is what made me think of watching it.

PaulB

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 2487273, member: 30090"]Django. Real good film, QT does it again and I loved his cameo near the end.[/quote]

I'm in two minds about it. It's entertaining without a doubt but that German guy starts off as Mr. Infallible and then wanders off down the idiot track. And Spike Lee hated it and condemned Jackson for sanctioning something Lee considered irredeemably racist.

Myself, I watched the second last Breaking Bad (I know it's not a fillum but it's WELL good, innit) currently out there so am planning a big night watching the final episode of the penultimate series of this ground-breaking show.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I had 10 hours to kill on planes this week, so watched Django, Life of Pi and Cloud Atlas.

Agree with what has been said up thread about Django. I thought Lionardo De Caprio was very good, although some of the scenes are truely uncomfortable watching.

Life of Pi and Cloud Atlas are two very ambitous films, pushing the edge of what is possible by way of story telling on film, and both playing on the themes of life, faith and consequences of your actions. I found Cloud Atlas more compelling than Life of Pi. I just didnt buy the whole ending in Life of Pi, which made the entire film seem like a waste of time.

I want to watch Great Gatsby next, but cant convince the wife to come with em.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Just watching season 3 now. Its still good.
I'm enjoying watching Season 2 of The Borgias. I don't know how accurate the portrayal is, but the Borgias are represented as ruthless and yet also very intelligent, and I found myself liking them (except for the older brother Giovanni, who seems like a nasty piece of work).

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
It was my birthday yesterday so last night so my lodger and I sat down to watch the 2009 Star Trek reboot as she hadn't seen it. Still like all those little nods and winks to the fanboys...ahem...:whistle:. Things like Chris Pine munching on an apple while undertaking the Kobayashi Maru test, like Kirk was in The Wrath of Khan while explaining how he beat the test; Sulu's combat training is fencing (The Naked Time episode); the bloke in the red uniform who space jumps to his inevitable doom:laugh:. My lodger is Polish and laughed at Chekov's problems with the computer not understanding his accent.

Top Bottom