What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes.

What is it with Tim Burtom films? He takes really fun subjects, like Batman, Willy Wonka, Planet of The Apes, and turns them into morose, depressing, overlong, tedious, dreary, mastorbatory cinematography.

Oi, Tim Burton! Lighten up a bit will ya?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The 2011 remake of The Thing.

Boy did they feck up this remake. Just turned it into a run of the mill gory horror flick. Very disappointing.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Has anyone seen Project A with Jackie Chan ? I'm trying to find the cycling scene(s)
It might be on youtube but only the Mandarin original

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Finally got round to seeing the movie version of Haruki Murakami's Norwegian Wood. Very beautiful and the acting was better than some of the critics said, but the director managed to strip much of the political and cultural colour out of the story.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Dogma last night. Very entertaining.
the jay and silent bob one? modern classic!!!! lol

Sandra6

Veteran
This weekend I've watched
Swinging with the Finkles - very very odd.
John Carter - much better than expected.
and Four Wedding planners - utter tripe.

G2EWS

battle of britain . as good as remember it was from my childhood.

I have a great memory of the Battle Of Britain! I was at boarding school in Burford, Oxon and we all went and saw it. Got back and had to do prep/homework. All was quiet, until I grabbed the sides of my chair and started shouting 'dakka, dakka, dakka, kill the Nazi swine'. I went over on the floor still shouting. We had a Welsh Master who was taking prep and dragged me out shouting, 'stupid, English boy'. Certainly raised a few eyebrows and we had a good laugh! Ah the days of being a naughty school boy!!

Regards

Chris

BigBadAl

Regular
Slumdog Millionaire. Avoided it for ages like I avoided Billy Elliot and just like Billy Elliot I was gob smacked. What a great film, slow start but a really good story brilliantly told. Just need to find time for The Full Monty now......

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Flight - with Denzel Washington, was way better than I expected. The full frontal and rear of Nadine Velazquez (Catalina out of My Name Is Earl) was also a pleasant surprise, right at the start too. She is smokin hot :smile:

Top Bottom