What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Notorious - an old Hitchcock with Cary Grant and the stunning Ingrid Bergman in her prime ('Ingrid'...strange name for a screen goddess on reflection...but I digress). It was ok, tho' as usual with Hitchcock's stuff, I'm left somewhat baffled by the reverance in which he's held. The thing that struck me particularly tho' was the smoking. Everyone smoking like chimneys, all the time. You'd have a bunch of guys having a meeting round a table, and all of them puffing away like troopers. God, the world must have stunk in those days!

Paris, Texas

Great film, good acting and script, cinematography is just superb and it's got a great atmospheric Ry Cooder soundtrack.
Mr Dean Stanton's band used to play in our local* Lovely geezer.

*when i lived in LA

End of Watch. Not one I'd thought of watching until one of my lads brought it round last night.

Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena play two LA patrol cops in a documentary style thriller. Dark and gritty and in places violent but also humorous. A good film.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
End of Watch. Not one I'd thought of watching until one of my lads brought it round last night.

Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena play two LA patrol cops in a documentary style thriller. Dark and gritty and in places violent but also humorous. A good film.

I have just watched that film tonight, it is really, really good. I read it was like The Shield (my favourite tv drama) it is a little but not that much, and not quite as awesome, great film though compared to the usual Hollywood dumbed down crap to make loads of $.

Must be on a roll at the moment as I usually find recent films shite, the last 3 I watched were really good, in order of how good:

End Of Watch
Life Of Pi
Flight

longers

Legendary Member
In the mood for love.

Fantastic dresses, I fell asleep but as I enjoyed what I did see I don't think it was the fault of the film.
Not many car chases. 8/10.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Not last night now, but on Sunday. 'Untouchable'. Excellent French comedy based on the true story of a wealthy man paralysed from the neck down in an accident, and the young guy hired as his carer. Blew away 'Skyfall', which I watched on Saturday and was massively disappointed by. Overlong, mostly tedious & dull - I'm still wondering if the critics and I saw the same film.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I watched Primer last night... I'm certain it made more sense the first time i watched it.

[QUOTE 2487273, member: 30090"]Django. Real good film, QT does it again and I loved his cameo near the end.[/quote]

Yes, a cracking film in true Tarantino style which can be an aquired taste.

Jamie Foxx's natural horsemanship is outstanding. He owns the horse he rides bareback at the end of the film.

Top Bottom