Useful bike carrying (smaller) ‘cars’ suggestions ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
Before that, they had a strange, half door arrangement on one side, rather than now having six doors. That style is definitely not as big!

R55, which is what we have, although I really like it, definitely not recommended, they’re super unreliable, the later version is much better.

IMG_4021.jpeg

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks

Sorry for the late reply, yes one of those, the Tourer cersion is even bigger with better rear access. One of those box shaped Skoda's might be a good bet also, a Yeti or something. Always thought they looked really practical for load carrying.

vickster

Legendary Member
Sorry for the late reply, yes one of those, the Tourer cersion is even bigger with better rear access. One of those box shaped Skoda's might be a good bet also, a Yeti or something. Always thought they looked really practical for load carrying.

Roomster but an old model now (don't know when the last one was made)

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The problem with some hatchbacks - especially the more sporty ones - might be the actual gap between the top and bottom of the opening
That's half the problem with the Alfa Mito: plenty of boot (for a hatchback) but a really high lip and fairly low roof, plus those "cute" lights eating in at the corners, makes it difficult to get a non-folder in. Most need the front wheel out and large frames also need bars and maybe seat dropping. Dutch bike? Dismantle and bag!

Jameshow

Veteran
The current (since about 2018 I think) version of the Mini Clubman will easily fit a large bike (mine) in wth the front wheel off, or it'll take a small bike (my partner's) with the wheels on, plus is very easy to load due to 'barn doors' at the back. Two bikes will go in if one's on top of the other, with something between them obviously. It's an awful lot easier to load than a small hatchback.

But it's butt ugly!🤣🤣🤣

avsd

Guru
You are correct @Drago it is a Panda. My mistake. I will edit the post.

Drago

Legendary Member
Yes, how dare BMW make Minis that can accommodate the tall or fat, that stop and go like no Mini before, that work in the rain, that have crash protection, that don't have their seams on the outside, and that are so good certain versions sellout each year and the maker actually manages to earn a profit.

And how dare they make then more economical than the original, and so reliable, and so fast. They're monsters I tell thee.

The only thing the old Mini was good at was taking corner, and even then it was only good by the standard of its time.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Yes, how dare BMW make Minis that can accommodate the tall or fat, that stop and go like no Mini before, that work in the rain, that have crash protection, that don't have their seams on the outside, and that are so good certain versions sellout each year and the maker actually manages to earn a profit.

And how dare they make then more economical than the original, and so reliable, and so fast. They're monsters I tell thee.
Fine to make a car that does all that and more, but no need to steal the valour of a vintage model. Same with the Beetle, 500 and more.

Top Bottom