True Facts About Chris Rea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grldtnr

Über Member
I am bitterly disappointed that this thread hasn't made 101 pages.

I blame a discredited part time ,time travelling bearded musician.

Maybe tomorrow,.,....

lazybloke

Priest of the cult of Chris Rea
Chris Rea is desperate to finally top the festive charts. To that end, he is hacking all baby monitors to play 'Driving home for Christmas' throughout December.

What he doesn't know is I've swapped with mp3 file with Barbie Girl.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
For a prank Chris Rea once refilled a number of Lemsip sachets with ground up crack cocaine and slopped them on the shelf in the House of Commons tuck shop. It's not known which politician ended up taking this remedy, although Keith Vaz started fancying men and set himself up as a washing machine salesman a few days later.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Chris Rea has the world's largest collection of Spacehoppers which he's planning on using to open a museum with.

'It'll make Redcar more popular than Florida,' he's been quoted as saying in the Redcar Gazette.

During one of those 1970s reminiscence programs
Stuart Maconie said "now, no-one likes Spacehoppers more than I do ...".

Chris Rea took this literally and flew into a rage. "I like Spacehoppers a lot more than he does" Chris posted on Reagram, his own private social media platform. "Stuart Maconie is a mere dilettante with a passing interest in Spacehoppers. My interest in them is positively unhealthy". He then posted a series of pictures of himself wearing an orange mankini posing with Spacehoppers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
If one examines the footage of the Apollo 11 landing closely one can just see a bearded man in the far distance stolling about in his budgie smugglers before entering a portaloo and disappearing.

This is, of course, Chris Rea, who was inspired to write " The Beach" by what he had seen.

lazybloke

Priest of the cult of Chris Rea
When Chris Rea recently had a brain MRI, the consultant was heard to exclaim 'My God, it's full of stars'

DRM

Guru
In further research on recent historical events, Chris Rea took the Turdis back to the night of 27th February 1933, exactly 4 weeks after a certain former painter & decorator had been sworn in as Chancellor of Germany, as the Turdis landed next to the Reichstag, Chris went for a nosey to see what was going on in Berlin, he also had with him some old clothing that he intended to drop off at the local Cats & Dogs home charity shop in Middlesbrough Town Centre on his return (Mrs Rea had insisted) he was suddenly disturbed by a gang of men, so he ran back to the Turdis and set off home, the men went into the Reichstag and Chris was sure they were up to no good, however a huge Auberge field flame and a violent tilt set the Reichstag on fire, the charity bags fell out of the Turdis door, straight through the Reichstag roof, Chris got away by the skin of his teeth, later Adolf Hitler blamed communist agitators for burning the Reichstag down, citing arson due to old clothing found on one floor used to light the fire, leading to the execution of a young Dutch communist, Chris went on holiday to Berlin some time later, and really blushed as the story of the Reichstag fire was told as he knew the truth of what really occurred.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
When Chris Rea recently had a brain MRI, the consultant was heard to exclaim 'My God, it's full of stars'

Chris Rea did the voice of HAL9000 for the original version of 2001.

However, Rea's gravelly tones were too difficult to understand for the US audience so the version of the film for the US market were dubbed by Douglas Rain.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
On the 9th of November 1938 Chris Rea was visiting Nazzie Germany when a massive backfire of the TURDIS Auberge Field caused a shock wave thar smashed windows across Germany, Austria and the Sudetenland.

Reactions: DRM
Top Bottom