True Facts About Chris Rea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grldtnr

Über Member
This isn’t Elton John’s first run in with the Turdis, in 1972, it appeared over Chateau D’Herouville, France which housed the studio where Elton and Bernie Taupin were working on the album Honky Chateau, they’d just settled down to dinner after a hard days writing and recording, when a loud bang and bright flash, broke windows, wine bottles, glasses of wine and vases full of flowers that Elton had requested, Elton was recorded as saying “What the bloody hell was that“ Whilst Bernie got up with his hair and eyebrows singed and clothing blackened, just saying “Oh wow a rocket man” the following day a massive hit song was written and recorded

Something ought to be done with Rea and his TURDIS, does he have a pilots' licence to fly it?
Seems to me if he did a CBT test he'd fail it big time, its in the highway code that due consideration should be given to other road users, but this is time traveling.
Even the Doctor ,Who I can't recall wotsists name, has the occasional mishap, but Rea seems to balls up all the time

grldtnr

Über Member
Out for an afternoon walk today, just passing Halfrauds, there was a familiar looking blue portaloo in the carpark, out dashed this bearded disheveled bloke with a beard,with white trainers on, he had an armfull of carnauba car wax in his arms.......he must be an ardent old car fan I thought.
Anyway he booted the door of the portaloo open, barged in, I could see it was bigger inside than it looked outside........then it clicked, it was Chris Rea blagging car wax for the TURDIS !

Now everyone knows you can't polish a TURDIS.... but seems Chris is going to try.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
One unforseen effect of the TURDIS Auberge Field is that it causes rubber to degrade.

During one visit by Chris Rea to Freddie Mercury's house for a game of backgammon, all the condoms in the house were structurally weakened. This ultimately led to Mercury's untimely death.

Reactions: DRM

DRM

Guru
Out for an afternoon walk today, just passing Halfrauds, there was a familiar looking blue portaloo in the carpark, out dashed this bearded disheveled bloke with a beard,with white trainers on, he had an armfull of carnauba car wax in his arms.......he must be an ardent old car fan I thought.
Anyway he booted the door of the portaloo open, barged in, I could see it was bigger inside than it looked outside........then it clicked, it was Chris Rea blagging car wax for the TURDIS !

Now everyone knows you can't polish a TURDIS.... but seems Chris is going to try.

The wax is for his latest project, a time travelling 1967 Ford Transit, he managed to out blag a full refurbishment from Car SOS, which has royally p****d off Tim Shaw who has been seen to be amateurish in the blagging stakes, the carnuba wax makes the paint gleam, and a thick layer protects it from the sparks of appearing in various places in time, the Transit body is perfect for containing the electrical gubbins that work the time travel, at the moment the Transit can only go forward by a couple of seconds, but Chris has great fun taunting traffic wardens, he parks on double yellows, then hits the go button just as they lean forward to ticket his van, reappearing close by convulsed in laughter at the parking attendant rolling round on the floor, ticket in hand, this project has been one reason the Turdis still bangs and sparks as it has consumed much of his time in the secret workshop building the Transits time travel circuits

grldtnr

Über Member
The wax is for his latest project, a time travelling 1967 Ford Transit, he managed to out blag a full refurbishment from Car SOS, which has royally p****d off Tim Shaw who has been seen to be amateurish in the blagging stakes, the carnuba wax makes the paint gleam, and a thick layer protects it from the sparks of appearing in various places in time, the Transit body is perfect for containing the electrical gubbins that work the time travel, at the moment the Transit can only go forward by a couple of seconds, but Chris has great fun taunting traffic wardens, he parks on double yellows, then hits the go button just as they lean forward to ticket his van, reappearing close by convulsed in laughter at the parking attendant rolling round on the floor, ticket in hand, this project has been one reason the Turdis still bangs and sparks as it has consumed much of his time in the secret workshop building the Transits time travel circuits

The inner workings of Reas' mind is puzzling, I suppose constant repeated time travel within a short time period addles the thought processes, a bit like an overactive hyped Border collie wanting to play ball, it presents the ball, then just as you go to pick it up, snatches it away again, well the knew was like that, i just ignored it, it just sit there staring at it, just as amused!
Daft bugger !

lazybloke

Priest of the cult of Chris Rea
There was no dynasty of Pharaohs in ancient Egypt.
Rea has left his Turdis to the Middlesbrough branch of Co-op Funeral Directors, with instructions that his body be lain to rest in a desolate and completely empty part of Egypt.
By the time you read this, pyramid burials will have been all the rage in Egypt.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Anyone wanting a true fact about Chris Rea will be forever thwarted. Even the great man himself isn't sure what's real any more.

DRM

Guru
For those wondering, if Chris gets the Time Transit working, he’s hoping to have a full fleet of them, delivering parcels, the end goal being that as far as the end user is concerned your parcel is delivered the moment you click on buy now, and eventually out Amazon, Amazon and make Santa up his game

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
OPEC paid Chris Rea £100,000,000 for the secret of the TURDIS U bend water powered reactor and immediately buried the patents and burned the blueprints.

lazybloke

Priest of the cult of Chris Rea
I don't want to seem to be a blasphemer, ....but is Chris Rea real even?

Thanks to some biological quirks and some mindboggling meddling in time with the TURDIS, Chris Rea's parents were Chis Rea and Chris Rea. The story is told in the documentary movie Predestination.
He's banned his children from joining 23andme.

grldtnr

Über Member
OPEC paid Chris Rea £100,000,000 for the secret of the TURDIS U bend water powered reactor and immediately buried the patents and burned the blueprints.

Did he flush it down the TURDIS?
Then larf like Dr. Evil, with a finger to his lips, I can see Accy cyclist, poised ready over his computer ,ready to register his dislike, little knowing Dr. Evil is his doppelganger,

Top Bottom