True Facts About Chris Rea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grldtnr

Über Member
Chris is a keen cook in the kitchen, but his stumped as to why he never makes the cut for shows like the Great British bakeoff or Masterchef, especially given some of the mediocre celebrity contestants.
His favourite dish.....a little fishy ,on a little dishy, when the boat comes in.....he will do a little dance for his mammy ,and his daddy, after the boat has docked..... A very traditional Geordie lad is Chris, all though his the wrong side of the Tyne river.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Chris Rea, probably because of his fresh and youthful good looks, was once chatted up my Huw Edwards.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Chris is a keen cook in the kitchen, but his stumped as to why he never makes the cut for shows like the Great British bakeoff or Masterchef, especially given some of the mediocre celebrity contestants.
His favourite dish.....a little fishy ,on a little dishy, when the boat comes in.....he will do a little dance for his mammy ,and his daddy, after the boat has docked..... A very traditional Geordie lad is Chris, all though his the wrong side of the Tyne river.

Haddock or Bloater ?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Chris Rea’s Turdis sprung a leak today

1727117560256.png

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
October 1987, and Michael Fish advises the public there will be no hurricane.

And their wasn't...technically.

What we endured that night was the badly misfiring Fool Engine splattering most of England with great gusts of Auberge Radiation.

Bill Giles, who could not stand Michael Fish after the latter slept with Giles' grandma, blamed it on the very hurricane Fish said was not coming. Thus Rea's secret was maintained and Michael Fish's reputation was ruined all over the plaice.

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Covering up for the Turdis leak.

1727120135348.png

grldtnr

Über Member
I take it you've never been able to decipher the lyrics to the song

There's also mention of a Codling (young Cod) a Mackerel and a Salmon in the original 19th century song.

I'm not Geordie , Nor is Chris Rea ,for that matter , so little chance of me deciphering the oblique lyrics in the song..
Just to sure, it's probably very disparaging of anyone south of Watford.

DRM

Guru
Chris Rea’s time travel escapades have ensured that he has seen the very beginnings of human life right through to man’s extinction, traveling back to 1964 he was overheard telling his mate, Roy Orbison all about it over a beer, this led to the whole thing being written down, and was turned into a song, which was so fantastically unbelievable it became a hit 5 years later in 1969, for the duo Zager & Evans, In The Year 2525.

View: https://youtu.be/izQB2-Kmiic

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I'm not Geordie , Nor is Chris Rea ,for that matter , so little chance of me deciphering the oblique lyrics in the song..
Just to sure, it's probably very disparaging of anyone south of Watford.

Yep maps here oop north have a big 'Here Be Dragons' printed over the Watford Gap but the buggers keep escaping to rape and pillage us gentle folk from the shires.

Top Bottom