Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
"Hello James. As an ex veteran I'd just like to say........", said a caller to a radio/tv phone in, a short while ago. Call me pedantic if you must, 🧐 but I think he should've said "As an ex FORCES veteran". If he'd said "As an ex forces veteran" it would've meant he was in the forces, but he's now a veteran of those forces. By saying "As an ex veteran" it implies that he was once a veteran of some organisation, but isn't now. Surely you cannot be an 'ex veteran'! 🤔 🧐

"Hello James. As an ex veteran I'd just like to say........", said a caller to a radio/tv phone in, a short while ago. Call me pedantic if you must, 🧐 but I think he should've said "As an ex FORCES veteran". If he'd said "As an ex forces veteran" it would've meant he was in the forces, but he's now a veteran of those forces. By saying "As an ex veteran" it implies that he was once a veteran of some organisation, but isn't now. Surely you cannot be an 'ex veteran'! 🤔 🧐

to me an ex-veteran means they are dead
i.e. was in the Armed forces (or similar)
left so was now a Veteran
died so if no longer a Veteran

people are not careful with words

...unless they are dead?

People who don't read the previous post... :whistle:
You've lost me.
1724070260824.png

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
...unless they are dead?

But then if they were, they wouldn't be phoning a tv/radio station.🤔 🧐

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Ridiculously sensationalist stories in the news ~ there's currently one in the BBC Teesside local news 'Rats the size of dogs outside rubbish hit homes'. It's a story about residents in a fly tipped street in Middlesbrough. One resident said she saw 'dog sized rats everyday'! Really?! Best lay off the 'shrooms love.

I dunno, lots of people have dogs the size of rats.

Ridiculously sensationalist stories in the news ~ there's currently one in the BBC Teesside local news 'Rats the size of dogs outside rubbish hit homes'. It's a story about residents in a fly tipped street in Middlesbrough. One resident said she saw 'dog sized rats everyday'! Really?! Best lay off the 'shrooms love.

Yeah - possibly - if the dog in question was a chihuahua

I have not heard of anything rat wise that grows as big as an Alsatian which is what they are trying to imply!

Top Bottom