Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grldtnr

Über Member
Ignorant gits in supermarkets who try to get there before you by using their shopping trolleys to either block your path or give you the impression they're going to ram you really do annoy me!!! It happens to me quite often with idiots who don't look before they move from a side aisle to the central aisle. Would they just pull out from a side street onto a main road when driving, without looking??!! Then there's the ones coming at you who suddenly turn right, right in front of you making you hit those imaginary brakes! They actually see me and others I suspect, walking with a walking stick and do this! When looking at some of these trolleys at the checkout I notice some have fewer items than I do in my basket. If I can carry a shopping basket while walking with a stick, why can't they use a basket for their few items?! Ah! that'd mean a bit of effort and then of course they wouldn't have their intimidating trolley to depend on! And don't get me going on those who lean on their trolley while slowly walking with it, showing their bum cleavage ffs!xx( 🧐

In answer to your vented spleen, yes they do, if they can't drive responsibly on roads , how the Sam Pekingpah do you think that they pay anymore attention in Supermarkets?
Have you cancelled that indicator , PC Plodd's popped in for a bag of do- nuts.

Do you mean proper tea? You probably already know that all proper tea is theft.

An oldie but goodie!! 🙂

Also: of their 100 teas , chances are that many are actually infusions.
\pedantry

bobzmyunkle

Über Member
Eight speed chains that say 'comes with an easy to use connecting link'. Then I get one of these - the work of the devil. After it's gone on I think that was easy, I wonder what I've just been struggling with.
1724683665017.png

grldtnr

Über Member
Eight speed chains that say 'comes with an easy to use connecting link'. Then I get one of these - the work of the devil. After it's gone on I think that was easy, I wonder what I've just been struggling with.
View attachment 742803

Last time I had one of those connecting links , it caused me no end of bovver, dunno if I hadn't 'connected' it right or not , but the chain parted whilst climbing a hill, I managed to save myself from an innoginmous dismount just, i was on a cycle path so didnt come to grief in the busy road.
I had a very hard time trying to rejoin the chain, by which time, given that the chain wasn't very dirty or oiled, my hands were filthy, I had just put some bright yellow bar tape on, which of course got marked up . Unknown to me the chain had got twisted and one of the links broke the next weekend by away, I didn't have my chain tool, got lucky as I was outside a bike shop ,just as they was closing.
I deeply distrust quick links , won't have any truck with the infernal things now, and always make sure I have a chain tool.

Last time I had one of those connecting links , it caused me no end of bovver, dunno if I hadn't 'connected' it right or not , but the chain parted whilst climbing a hill, I managed to save myself from an innoginmous dismount just, i was on a cycle path so didnt come to grief in the busy road.
I had a very hard time trying to rejoin the chain, by which time, given that the chain wasn't very dirty or oiled, my hands were filthy, I had just put some bright yellow bar tape on, which of course got marked up . Unknown to me the chain had got twisted and one of the links broke the next weekend by away, I didn't have my chain tool, got lucky as I was outside a bike shop ,just as they was closing.
I deeply distrust quick links , won't have any truck with the infernal things now, and always make sure I have a chain tool.

I don't know if XLC are a brand in the UK; they are the "own brand" of my main supplier. They make a quick link that works when turned 90° to the rest of the chain. I have no idea how it works, and I was as suspicious as h*ll of the things when I first used them, but they work perfectly and ended up being highly reliable. I now carry a few in my saddlebag.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
This thing is annoying me immensely!!🧐 It belongs to a customer who goes in a shop I 'hang out' in. The shop owner looks after it while the creature's owner goes shopping etc around town. Today it was sat on 'my seat' as I walked in.🧐 The shop's owner encouraged it to get off the seat, but after it had the seat was covered in dog hairs and my thoughts were it's probably been wiping it's arse on the seat!! :ohmy: :unsure: I decided to anti bac' spray the seat and the seat next to it. As I took the spray back to the shop next door where I'd borrowed it from the idiot creature then decided to jump back up onto 'my chair'!!:angry: As you can see by looking at the photos of it, there isn't much going on between its ears!!

hc=NJmSWNhvD88Q7kNvgG8Ch-2&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

hc=iDNj1tsiEzYQ7kNvgFA2Tj_&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

As you can see below, I cleaned both chairs. The one still wet is the one the idiot jumped back onto, which I then had to clean again. After the other seat had dried I put that box on the other to stop the idiot jumping up onto it as I didn't want it sat next to me, as I see it as a health hazard!! 🧐

hc=P6xg7U9tdwUQ7kNvgGdb4J-&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
This thing is annoying me immensely!!🧐 It belongs to a customer who goes in a shop I 'hang out' in. The shop owner looks after it while the creature's owner goes shopping etc around town. Today it was sat on 'my seat' as I walked in.🧐 The shop's owner encouraged it to get off the seat, but after it had the seat was covered in dog hairs and my thoughts were it's probably been wiping it's arse on the seat!! :ohmy: :unsure: I decided to anti bac' spray the seat and the seat next to it. As I took the spray back to the shop next door where I'd borrowed it from the idiot creature then decided to jump back up onto 'my chair'!!:angry: As you can see by looking at the photos of it, there isn't much going on between its ears!!

View attachment 743081

View attachment 743082
As you can see below, I cleaned both chairs. The one still wet is the one the idiot jumped back onto, which I then had to clean again. After the other seat had dried I put that box on the other to stop the idiot jumping up onto it as I didn't want it sat next to me, as I see it as a health hazard!! 🧐

View attachment 743083

What a lovely doggie, always had a soft spot for Staffies about the only small dog I like

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
What a lovely doggie, always had a soft spot for Staffies about the only small dog I like

No, it's an English/British Bulldog, like those associated with Winston Churchill. The dog's ok at times, but it just annoys me when I see it on a seat in the shop. The shop's owner seemed slightly annoyed that I said I wanted to anti-bac the seat before sitting on it, but probably thought best to zip it as I gave her a I could've sold it for 80 quid coat the other day for nothing. I am fussy about such things, as many more are and no way could I have sat on a seat that that dog, or any dog had been sat on, without cleaning it first.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
No, it's an English/British Bulldog, like those associated with Winston Churchill. The dog's ok at times, but it just annoys me when I see it on a seat in the shop. The shop's owner seemed slightly annoyed that I said I wanted to anti-bac the seat before sitting on it, but probably thought best to zip it as I gave her a I could've sold it for 80 quid coat the other day for nothing. I am fussy about such things, as many more are and no way could I have sat on a seat that that dog, or any dog had been sat on, without cleaning it first.

Must be the angle your phone is at, looks smaller than a Bulldog would be. As for cleanliness I would assume you wash your trousers once in a while and for hairs try sharing a house with a GSD when it's in 'moult'................the 'undercoat' comes out in tufts.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Must be the angle your phone is at, looks smaller than a Bulldog would be. As for cleanliness I would assume you wash your trousers once in a while and for hairs try sharing a house with a GSD when it's in 'moult'................the 'undercoat' comes out in tufts.

I sympathise with Accy. Pulling dog hairs out of tweed is a far more difficult task than plucking them out of his silk dressing gown at home.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

It's a big dog, as in weight and width! I wouldn't like to try to pick it up, as it could be about 4 or 5 stone in weight. :unsure: As for the trousers, they are dry clean only!🧐

Last edited:

Windle

Über Member
Train tickets - it's a right scams if you want to go on the day....
Ex has the family railcard will I get to use it??

A work colleague and I had meeting on a site in Leyton, east London about eight years ago. We opted to go down on the train, just standard class, so purchased returns from Darlington to Kings Cross and a multi zone tube / bus pass each, bought on the day ~ £680!

Top Bottom