Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
This comes up every now and then on CC. I've never understood why indicating before every manoeuvre, whether or not there's someone to see it, somehow makes you a worse driver.

Its when drivers substitute indicating for observing their surroundings that they become a worse driver.

My bugbear is those drivers who don't indicate until they begin to turn. That's no use to me, as a ped trying to cross.

Don't think I have ever been able to do that - my balance has never been great

which I why tend to never stand properly still - nearly always wobbling or something

SO i have always put socks on sitting down or leaning on something

I put thsi down to me always being good at stuff like sailing and windurfing - teh fact that I am standing on something wobbling just seems normal to my brain!!!!

MontyVeda

Don't think I have ever been able to do that - my balance has never been great

which I why tend to never stand properly still - nearly always wobbling or something

SO i have always put socks on sitting down or leaning on something

The trick is to focus on a fixed point when standing on one leg. For me when putting socks on stood up, I focus on a section of skirting board.

grldtnr

Über Member
Its when drivers substitute indicating for observing their surroundings that they become a worse driver.

My bugbear is those drivers who don't indicate until they begin to turn. That's no use to me, as a ped trying to cross.

Exactly my point!
Don't get me started on drivers turning right, then cutting the corner ending up on the wrong side of the road for no reason, just plain sheer ignorance, how can the Stan Eck as like see what's coming down the road on their side of the road!
The number of pillocky looks I get when I'm sat at the junction wanting to turn out, on which ever version of travel I chose to use.

simongt

Guru
My bugbear is those drivers who don't indicate until they begin to turn.
Or the apparently increasing number who don't bother indicating at all.
But then, THEY know where they're going, thus so is everyone else on that bit of road - ! :dry:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I agree.

God knows what it does to their lungs.
Probably the same thing that those damn vapes do! I can't stand them.

I am currently staying in non-smoking holiday accommodation. I walked into my bedroom and immediately had a reaction in my throat from lingering vape fumes left by the previous holiday maker! Fortunately my friend doesn't have the same problem (since she uses the damn things herself!) so we swapped rooms. She is banished to outside when she needs to feed her habit.

MontyVeda

Ads for 'Freshness' products on TV. Do people's houses, bedding, loos, carpets, kitchens, clothes and shoes all stink so much it needs hiding with a chemical haze. God knows what it does to their lungs.

I'm the same. My house smells of farts, feet and food, like it should.
I don't wear deodorant either. I'd rather smell like a human than some chemical cooked up in a lab.

Top Bottom