Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Remove Teams from your startup applications

Do you have it set so that teams will notify?

If you do, then turn that off (unless you want the notifications, when you need to log in and set it to stay logged in).

Will have to see. It's my work computer and the resident IT manager has (probably quite sensibly in my case) locked down many of the features.

I found the best way to stop this (and other annoying Microsoft features) was to change to Linux.

My experience with Linux was that one of the features it stopped was a working computer.

Mind you, my home computer apparently can't take Win11 and the updates for Win10 are allegedly going to stop at some point, so I may have to try again.

Alex321

Guru
Mind you, my home computer apparently can't take Win11 and the updates for Win10 are allegedly going to stop at some point, so I may have to try again.

October 14th next year (2025) is when Windows 10 support ends.

And my home computer also can't support Windows 11, so I'll be replacing it sometime in the next year or so.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
People who leave answerphone messages to say nothing (usually friends or family)

"Hi it's xxx" (yes I know you're in my contacts and can see a missed call)
"Can you give me a call back?" (how about you call me, after all it's you who want to speak with me?)
Or "I'll call again later" (good plan, but why leave a message to say that, just do it!)

How about texting to say what you want, or that you'll call later? But no, you didn't, so now I've got to phone my answerphone (which often means finding a different location as my signal where I live is poor. Listening to you burble on, then open the keyboard to delete said message. I then have to delete the text message telling me I have an answerphone message. I can feel my life slipping by. :cursing::cursing:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
A few times a week I have chips (sometimes the owners make me 'finger dabs' which are battered chips, instead of a battered slice of potato) peas and vegetable gravy in a local chip shop. I eat this at the counter while chatting/gossiping with the shop's owners. I hear customers, mostly in their late teens or 20's saying "Can I get", instead of "Can I have". I find this trivially annoying beyond my expectations. 🧐

Last edited:

ExBrit

Über Member
A few times a week I have chips (sometimes the owners make me 'finger dabs' which are battered chips, instead of a battered slice of potato) peas and vegetable gravy in a local chip shop. I eat this at the counter while chatting/gossiping with the shop's owners. I hear customers, mostly in their late teens or 20's saying "Can I get", instead of "can I have". I find this trivially annoying beyond my expectations. 🧐

You will hate the USA. They say "I want".

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
When holiday packages state you are staying somewhere for 3 nights, but you arrive at 10pm on the first day and have to leave at 10am on the last day, so you're really only getting two full days of holiday.

That's most holidays, even if you stay in this country. We did a Fri-Fri last week but in theory it's really Sat-Thurs. :sad:

Top Bottom