Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grldtnr

Über Member
Being a bit of a tightwad it did slightly pain me to pour that spilled cream down the drain, but I did pour a drop into my coffee, so it wasn't all wasted! :whistle:

What !?! Your a tightwad? With what you spend on clothes.......
P.S.
It helps that the surface is moist before you use baking Soda., use one of them misty spray thingies then liberally rub in the soda.

grldtnr

Über Member
Still thinking about it, I'm always careful with how I bag flimsy stuff like tubs of cream. I definitely put the sturdier must keep cool stuff in the bottom of the cool bag, with the tub of cream on top, so it didn't get squashed. I remember now picking up a tub of the same cream and some poured out as the top wasn't fully sealed. I suppose I could take the cream tub back to the store as I have the receipt, but I really can't be bothered. :rolleyes: It's just one of those things that happen and like I said earlier, I'm just glad I didn't end up with cream all over my boot! I've washed the bag out and washed the other items covered in cream, so I'm over it now!! :okay:

Time was, when Supermarket assistants, gave you a little plastic/ paper bag, for things that might leak,.
I pack my shopping heavy stuff in the bottom ,light fragile stuff on top.
Always was a roll of placky bags at the checkout to wrap leaky things, cost cutting penny pinching/ eco worrior *have stopped this now.

* Deliberate use of spelling.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Doing click and collect at Screwfix, for my partner to collect whilst she's out. So I pay using my card details, then it says to bring my card and ID to the store after I've paid. If they won't let her collect it I will be most annoyed

SuffolkBlue

Doing click and collect at Screwfix, for my partner to collect whilst she's out. So I pay using my card details, then it says to bring my card and ID to the store after I've paid. If they won't let her collect it I will be most annoyed

They often just ask for the last 4 digits of the card. Maybe forward the confirmation email to her just in case?

Chris S

Legendary Member
I once had a jug of Mississippi Mud break in my truck. It spilled a quart of pungent beer. My truck reeked of stale beer for weeks and I drove in fear of getting pulled over by a cop. It would have been really hard to convince them why my truck smelled of beer.

PS. I bet no-one knows why they're called cops. Yes, I know it's short for coppers, but where does coppers come from?

The term 'cop' is recorded (in the Shorter Oxford Dictionary) in the sense of 'to capture' from 1704, derived from the Latin capere via the Old French caper.

Alex321

Guru
The term 'cop' is recorded (in the Shorter Oxford Dictionary) in the sense of 'to capture' from 1704, derived from the Latin capere via the Old French caper.

Indeed. Still used in a way somewhat close to that as in "to cop a ..." is to grab or catch ...

And Coppers were those who copped :smile:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

It might be from the Latin via French but that’s uncertain. As you say, it is recorded from 1704 in northern British dialect.

Microsoft keeps putting the login page for Teams up on my screen, sometimes every two minutes; closing and minimising just seems to encourage it.

I've found the best way to stop this is to click on the background programme; this seems to make it behave.

Alex321

Guru
Microsoft keeps putting the login page for Teams up on my screen, sometimes every two minutes; closing and minimising just seems to encourage it.

I've found the best way to stop this is to click on the background programme; this seems to make it behave.

Do you have it set so that teams will notify?

If you do, then turn that off (unless you want the notifications, when you need to log in and set it to stay logged in).

Chris S

Legendary Member

I found the best way to stop this (and other annoying Microsoft features) was to change to Linux.

Top Bottom