Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I once had a cashier in Sainsbugs make a mistake, being a couple of days away from 'giro' day and down to my last fiver I went to buy some Cat biscuits, a tin of Cat food and a tin of soup plus some Bourbon Creme biccies. The Cashier gave me my change and also gave me my fiver back, I told her I think you've made a mistake to which she snappily replied "I don't make mistakes" I just said OK and left the shop with more money than I went in with plus a bag of shopping.

I once went to McDOnals with my then partner and our daughter
Daughter was grumpy as we had dragged her round shops all afternoon and she had been promised McD's for tea if she behaved
also her mother was grumpy for $reasons

so I was a bit annoyed with myself when I realised I had changed my trousers when we nipped home to dump the bags off
and I had left my wallet in the other ones

BUT I knew that I always had an emergency £20 hidden in the car in case of emergencies
so I was OK -

went in and ordered - at the till was the only option in those days
all OK
order came quickly and he handed the tray over

I was still standing there still hold the £20
so I told him I had not paid yet
He checked the till and said "No - you have"

"no I haven't"

"Yes you have it says so here"
"No - I only had this one note when I came in - and I still have it"

"Yes you have"

"OOOOOK - thank you"

free McD's!!!!

I presume the till didn;t balance at some point - but there is a limit as to how much I will insist on paying when someone is refusing to take it!!

Jameshow

Veteran
Tripped over a curb.....
IMG-20240716-WA0013.jpeg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
On opening my 'keep stuff cool' bag half an hour ago I was met with the sight of over half a double cream tub's contents all over other items in the bag! The top of the large tub is still totally intact and I can't see any holes in the tub, but somehow approximately 350 ml of double cream escaped from that tub!:unsure:

hc=gWJQrnmQz9IQ7kNvgEuJ63n&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

hc=4mKol1yss7cQ7kNvgEDgpm5&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

And on looking again at the tub, I've just seen that it had split down one side!

hc=j-3612-smYYQ7kNvgHVpRfk&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
On opening my 'keep stuff cool' bag half an hour ago I was met with the sight of over half a double cream tub's contents all over other items in the bag! The top of the large tub is still totally intact and I can't see any holes in the tub, but somehow approximately 350 ml of double cream escaped from that tub!:unsure:

View attachment 737962

View attachment 737963

And on looking again at the tub I've just seen that it split down one side!

View attachment 737964

Once had the largest tub of cream empty itself across my Waitrose delivery van!
What a mess!!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Once had the largest tub of cream empty itself across my Waitrose delivery van!
What a mess!!

My ex wife works on the customer service desk of a supermarket. When we were married she'd tell me of folk complaining about containers of milk suddenly opening, releasing the contents over car interiors as they drove home from that supermarket. The store would offer to pay for a valet cleaning. I used to think that a lot of those customers would say it'd happened to get a free car valeting. Now I'm thinking otherwise. I'm just glad that thick full fat cream stayed in that sealed bag and didn't pour out all over the inside of my car boot! Imagine the smell of gone off/sour cream or milk in a car! I've heard it takes ages to get rid of it! :unsure:

grldtnr

Über Member
What you would need is Baking Soda or Bicarbonate Soda, spread it around ,do the shake 'n' Vac, comes up clean as polished whistle, neutralises nasty niffs.....

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My mum did that once, cream spilled in the boot of our old Cavalier. It smelled like sick forever, until we got rid of the car

Still thinking about it, I'm always careful with how I bag flimsy stuff like tubs of cream. I definitely put the sturdier must keep cool stuff in the bottom of the cool bag, with the tub of cream on top, so it didn't get squashed. I remember now picking up a tub of the same cream and some poured out as the top wasn't fully sealed. I suppose I could take the cream tub back to the store as I have the receipt, but I really can't be bothered. :rolleyes: It's just one of those things that happen and like I said earlier, I'm just glad I didn't end up with cream all over my boot! I've washed the bag out and washed the other items covered in cream, so I'm over it now!! :okay:

ExBrit

Über Member
I once had a jug of Mississippi Mud break in my truck. It spilled a quart of pungent beer. My truck reeked of stale beer for weeks and I drove in fear of getting pulled over by a cop. It would have been really hard to convince them why my truck smelled of beer.

PS. I bet no-one knows why they're called cops. Yes, I know it's short for coppers, but where does coppers come from?

Top Bottom