Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Two of my local shops had 26 x 1 3/8" tyre tubes on their shelves for years. I've just used my last spare and went to buy some more. They've now all gone.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Been reading a book about mainly one guy who was part of a group doing a LE to Jo’G. I cannot comment on the English section but I am very familiar with the Scottish route they took.
A load of inaccurate rubbish much of it and to add insult he has locals referring to L. Ness as “ the lake” and that is only a small bit of the nonsense.
Can they not check the facts before going to print or even get somebody who knows the areas to proof read?

Chris S

Legendary Member
Been reading a book about mainly one guy who was part of a group doing a LE to Jo’G. I cannot comment on the English section but I am very familiar with the Scottish route they took.
A load of inaccurate rubbish much of it and to add insult he has locals referring to L. Ness as “ the lake” and that is only a small bit of the nonsense.
Can they not check the facts before going to print or even get somebody who knows the areas to proof read?

I've seen Lough Erne refered to as 'Loch Erne'.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Somebody put these traffic lights and bollards up/down whatever last Tuesday, near to where I live. A week later they are still there, but nobody has done any work on that bus shelter or the road in front of it. Yesterday evening traffic was queued up a good hundred yards as folk made their way home from work. Why do they do this??!! :angry:

hc=5xnoIKNGwHYQ7kNvgH9YMMH&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

hc=Kmoz0SVC9a8Q7kNvgH9TwEF&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I have a theory about CalTrans which may apply in your neck of the woods.
Every morning someone goes into their cone warehouse and sees all the cones stacked there. They say "Well these are just being wasted. Better put them out on a street somewhere. That way the public will see they're getting value for money."

Is it just me or do you expect for a split second, as you look at the pic below, the traffic light to turn green? 🤔

xnoikngwhyq7knvgh9ymmh-_nc_ht-scontent-fman2-1-jpg.jpg

of
Is it just me or do you expect for a split second, as you look at the pic below, the traffic light to turn green? 🤔

View attachment 736947

No

Somebody put these traffic lights and bollards up/down whatever last Tuesday, near to where I live. A week later they are still there, but nobody has done any work on that bus shelter or the road in front of it. Yesterday evening traffic was queued up a good hundred yards as folk made their way home from work. Why do they do this??!! :angry:

View attachment 736944

View attachment 736945

Considerably more annoying for the people trying to use the bus.

Last edited:

Punkawallah

Über Member
Two of my local shops had 26 x 1 3/8" tyre tubes on their shelves for years. I've just used my last spare and went to buy some more. They've now all gone.

I’ve got some 26” tubes. Chap down the road was clearing his garage. Can’t guarantee 1 3/8”.

I have a theory about CalTrans which may apply in your neck of the woods.
Every morning someone goes into their cone warehouse and sees all the cones stacked there. They say "Well these are just being wasted. Better put them out on a street somewhere. That way the public will see they're getting value for money."

The store some of them in the canals near us

Top Bottom