Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
You mention him in the past not the present. Is he still with us? :unsure:

Nah he went about 13yrs ago, Prostate Cancer.
He wasn't my 'Pet' he was my oppo and companion on many an adventure. Originally returned to the breeder after about a month for 'destructive behaviour' (chewing things) we got him at about 16weeks old.
Housetraining well he never made a mess in the house but only because I let him out every 3 hours or so and praised him when he 'went' (far easier than expecting him to 'hold himself' whilst we laid in bed and then cleaning up after him)
Tricks/training, well all I taught him was to take treats 'gently' so he'd have a treat/bit of meat without touching your fingers and after reading a book from the Library about Police training he would 'Toilet' on a command word/phrase in the garden before we went out, me being me the command was 'Have a Crap' which he did much to the dismay of our animal hating neighbours. The only other 'command' he was taught was NO which caused him to instantly come to me and nudge me like "what did I do Dad' if he got a bit 'naughty' or carried away by excitement.
Aggression, never was a problem he was a gentle soul and my input meant he stayed that way, we used to go on busses/trains/down to pubs from him being a puppy and he loved a bit of attention/fuss from everyone ( 'F' all use as a 'guard dog' if someone broke in he'd have fetched one of his balls and expected to play) Sabor never put his teeth to anything except in play and then only mildly (I never saw him 'snarl')

This could go on for pages but suffice it to say my 'Wolf' was an incredible part of my life

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Nah he went about 13yrs ago, Prostate Cancer.
He wasn't my 'Pet' he was my oppo and companion on many an adventure. Originally returned to the breeder after about a month for 'destructive behaviour' (chewing things) we got him at about 16weeks old.
Housetraining well he never made a mess in the house but only because I let him out every 3 hours or so and praised him when he 'went' (far easier than expecting him to 'hold himself' whilst we laid in bed and then cleaning up after him)
Tricks/training, well all I taught him was to take treats 'gently' so he'd have a treat/bit of meat without touching your fingers and after reading a book from the Library about Police training he would 'Toilet' on a command word/phrase in the garden before we went out, me being me the command was 'Have a Crap' which he did much to the dismay of our animal hating neighbours. The only other 'command' he was taught was NO which caused him to instantly come to me and nudge me like "what did I do Dad' if he got a bit 'naughty' or carried away by excitement.
Aggression, never was a problem he was a gentle soul and my input meant he stayed that way, we used to go on busses/trains/down to pubs from him being a puppy and he loved a bit of attention/fuss from everyone ( 'F' all use as a 'guard dog' if someone broke in he'd have fetched one of his balls and expected to play) Sabor never put his teeth to anything except in play and then only mildly (I never saw him 'snarl')

This could go on for pages but suffice it to say my 'Wolf' was an incredible part of my life

Nice memories of him there! :smile:

Good grief!!!
I can't see the full article, but would some of these chumps sooner have children without books

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/06/29/dolly-parton-scheme-giving-children-free-books-attacked/

This is essentially the same article, I presume?; https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...ooks-attacked-as-white-saviourism/ar-BB1p7rk5

It's the usual problem when an extreme ideology becomes more important than people who genuinely need help.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Just mildly annoyed. They are closing the 3G network here so I just purchased the same model Nokia that we got for Mary a little time ago
The latest model does not come with a charger! Tight ar$e bar stewards.
L

This is now standard. The assumption is that you have some kind of USB charger or outlet already so no need to ship yet another one.

Alex321

Guru
Just mildly annoyed. They are closing the 3G network here so I just purchased the same model Nokia that we got for Mary a little time ago
L

Hardly any do nowadays. They usually come with a cable (which might be either USB-A to USB-C or USB-C to USB-C), but not wall plug.

Most people already have more wall plugs than they need, I think.

This is now standard. The assumption is that you have some kind of USB charger or outlet already so no need to ship yet another one.

So when we are on holiday and want to charge two phones over night we will have a problem

Alex321

Guru
So when we are on holiday and want to charge two phones over night we will have a problem

Why?

A few of the wall plugs of mine have double outputs, but if you don't have any of those, you just take two single output ones.

If your hotel room doesn't have USB outlets and doesn't have more than one available socket, then you will need a plug with two outputs, regardless of what they supply with a new phone.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
L

I think for cheaper phones this is fairly standard; for all but USB-C you can get a charger at a pound shop. Or if most people are like me then you probably already have 19 microUSB cables at home, 3 or 4 USB plugs and a fair few others.

My last few phones have been fairly high end so they have come with a standard USB-C cable. But even these are not really good enough for fast charging so we had to fork out £24 for a 30watt charging plug and a special fast charge USB-C cable. It's becoming a bit like printers and ink; they don't want to give you anything more than the product; giving out free accesories will eat into their profits too much

gbb

Squire
Packs of pasta that seem to self destruct, however carefully you try to open them
20240701_172056.jpg

Doesn't matter how hard you try, the remaining pasta is going to end up all over the place.

Top Bottom