Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Windle

Über Member
A few years ago I bought an inner tube which had 'Schrader valve' on the box. I've just used it today and it's actual a Woods/Dunlop valve. Hopefully they're not as leaky as they used to be.

Lidl had their cycling stuff in a few months ago, including inner tubes, reasonably priced. Great, I thought, I'll bag few 26" spares..... they were all Woods valves, up until then I never knew such things existed. I bought one to try it but didn't have a pump attachment that would fit it. They weren't big sellers judging by the fact they were all left a couple of weeks later.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Lidl had their cycling stuff in a few months ago, including inner tubes, reasonably priced. Great, I thought, I'll bag few 26" spares..... they were all Woods valves, up until then I never knew such things existed. I bought one to try it but didn't have a pump attachment that would fit it. They weren't big sellers judging by the fact they were all left a couple of weeks later.

They'd all be for the old 26 x 1 3/8th" tyres (old roadster size), I think there are 5 or even 6 different sizes of 26" wheel

Lidl is a German shop and seems to share the German obsession with the woods valves. They even call them "German Valves" here. I'm not sure I'd want to take responsibility for them.

Alex321

Guru
Good grief!!!
I can't see the full article, but would some of these chumps sooner have children without books

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/06/29/dolly-parton-scheme-giving-children-free-books-attacked/

This is essentially the same article, I presume?; https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...ooks-attacked-as-white-saviourism/ar-BB1p7rk5

The attack by "speech and language pathologist Jennifer Stone" appears to me to be her just saying "look at me people. I'm a compete twat!".

ExBrit

Über Member
The attack by "speech and language pathologist Jennifer Stone" appears to me to be her just saying "look at me people. I'm a compete twat!".

As far as I can tell a "language pathologist" is someone who helps those who have trouble speaking due to physical, neurological, or psychiatric problems. Her opinion on whether Dolly Parton's program is "woke" enough is completely irrelevant. I tickle computers for a living and I think it is woke enough so our two opinions completely cancel out. FTFY.

Alex321

Guru
As far as I can tell a "language pathologist" is someone who helps those who have trouble speaking due to physical, neurological, or psychiatric problems. Her opinion on whether Dolly Parton's program is "woke" enough is completely irrelevant. I tickle computers for a living and I think it is woke enough so our two opinions completely cancel out. FTFY.

Not sure how our opinions cancel out here?

We both seem to think Dolly Parton's program is fine.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Man's best friend being led around on a collar and leash slightly annoys me. I much prefer a harness as makes your pet easier to handle and it doesn't give that 'I'm owned' impression.

My German Shepherd had a big chunky 'choke chain' and used to get really upset if I took it off, I think he was a bit of a 'chav' at heart and regarded it as his 'bling'.
He also had a couple of bandanas which he wore when it was hot so I could soak them in water to help keep him cool while we were off 'wandering'

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My German Shepherd had a big chunky 'choke chain' and used to get really upset if I took it off, I think he was a bit of a 'chav' at heart and regarded it as his 'bling'.
He also had a couple of bandanas which he wore when it was hot so I could soak them in water to help keep him cool while we were off 'wandering'
He's far more easier to control from the midriff, rather than the neck. :okay:

hc=IIOJJ-Y3nusQ7kNvgEeTg7w&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

hc=lbM28eJW0oMQ7kNvgGF5Mv5&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

You mention him in the past not the present. Is he still with us? :unsure:

Man's best friend being led around on a collar and leash slightly annoys me. I much prefer a harness as makes your pet easier to handle and it doesn't give that 'I'm owned' impres
Dash our rescue Greyhound came with martingale collar, see my avatar. She is very gentle on the lead.
She does have a harness when she travels in the car. It is attached to a seatbelt connector point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom