Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello Tribe(an) gang. I'm totally new to this and road bikes but finally took the plunge and opted for a Triban 3 before they disappear for good. Pleased I managed to get one 3 days ago but with this weather it's not even moved out of the garage yet. No modifications yet obviously as I've yet to ride it but looking forward to reading about what everyone else has changed/upgraded.

I haven't changed the pedals!!
Nor have I, well not yet. I have shoes and pedals but no cleats yet but I do find the oe pedals are very easy to use with time.

Does any one know if the red triban 3 will be restocked @ decathlon online? or is it now a choice of the 3A or 5A?
From what I heard when I bought mine in store (Glasgow) a few days ago I think it'll be the 3a and 5a that's available online. The store said they wouldn't be getting re stocked with the 3. Hope that helps.

Dickie Bow

Picked my Triban 3 up yesterday from the Nottingham store. Must have got lucky as when I went in last week to order it they had one left in my size that someone else had reserved to collect the previous weekend. As he hadn't shown up and not paid for it they sold it to me.

I planned to ride it home to give it a test, as I'm new to road bikes, but due to the lovely weather I had to put it in the boot. Looking forward to getting out on the open road. Heat wave in April apparently, bring it on.

Col5632

Guru
Just reserved a 57 and 60cm triban 5 as it looks like im inbetween each size so going to test and buy on friday, so excited :hyper:

Going to treat myself to the garmin edge 200 on monday too :hyper:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Just reserved a 57 and 60cm triban 5 as it looks like im inbetween each size so going to test and buy on friday, so excited :hyper:

Going to treat myself to the garmin edge 200 on monday too :hyper:
I can almost feel your excitement :laugh: Look forward to seeing some pics of the bike when you get it. You will love the Garmin too. Nice to get back and upload your rides to the computer and compare them through the year.......and chase some Strava segments if that is your thing!

OP
OP
Onthedrops

Onthedrops

Veteran
Looks like lots of available T3's are getting snapped up now. I just wonder how popular the T3a will become? Honestly can't see it being as popular as the original (and in my opinion) the best! :thumbsup:

Col5632

Guru
I can almost feel your excitement :laugh: Look forward to seeing some pics of the bike when you get it. You will love the Garmin too. Nice to get back and upload your rides to the computer and compare them through the year.......and chase some Strava segments if that is your thing!

I'll be taking plently of pics, ordered the pedals for it already cause wiggle is half the price decathlon want for them and its only £2.99 to fit them to the bike :smile:

I use strava on my phone but never come close to KOM or that, just really for my own benefit more than anything :thumbsup:

DelB

Well, just arrived home from Center Parcs, so hope to find time between work appointments to go and collect my 5A tomorrow. As a very slight aside, waiting for me when I got home was a cheque from Aviva for £350, being the return of my insurance excess for a bump I was involved in way back in August, so that's my bike pretty much paid for without having to touch the money I'd originally put aside for it! Sweeeeeeeeet! ;)

Top Bottom