Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Radchenister

Veteran
I wouldn't worry about that - probably against the DDA anyway ;) .

PS - his bike was bought as a commuter, he expects to burn out cranks, chain, cassette etc. and then upgrade, he already had a favourite saddle, pedals, mudguards and Aksiums ready to go.

I'm 6'1" and am going for a 60cm, I sat on a 60cm Triban 3 a few months back (when I didn't have the money to buy one!) and it felt pretty comfortable. I'd say a 57, but do you have the option to try before you buy?

depends on yr arms n legs etc. I'm abt same height but comfy on my 60 ...

Billy Adam

Hi could somebody tell me the differences between the triban 3 and the new triban 3a (the £280 one). I understand the original is a better bike but am getting tired of waiting so long for it to come into stock (im 60cm) and thinking of just buying the 3a which is now available online, is it still a good bike for £280? thanks
As Brian said no carbon forks also uses micro-shift gears (?) . According to the mech in the Reading store, thats the sort of set you'd get buying a bike from toysRus.

OP
OP
Onthedrops

Onthedrops

Veteran
As a (RED) T3 owner, the juries out on this one.
I don't think the new T3 is a progressive move owing to the loss of the carbon forks. The original Triban 3 is quickly becoming a classic. As a beginners bike it beats the pants off many more expensive examples.
I haven't really scrutinised the new T5. Looks very nice but it aint the T3 is it?
I imagine the T5 would be a good progression from current T3 owners when the +1 or replacement time comes.

Considering expanding the T3 Owners Club to embrace new T3 and T5 owners. The choice is down to the members. Poll listed to gauge opinion. I know we have quite a few CC members who are T3OC members too so I hope mods don't mind me mentioning the forum on here. ;)

OP
OP
Onthedrops

Onthedrops

Veteran
Anyone think the Lidl s/s jersey is a perfect match for T3 owners?
Same colour combination, but do you think it may be a bit too much?

79072_03_teaser1x2.jpg

Billy Adam

79072_03_teaser1x2.jpg
And the red gloves ?

andyoxon

Legendary Member

79072_03_teaser1x2.jpg

I saw this when I was in Lidl on Thursday, but wondered what the fishtail bow tie effect was all about. :smile: I bought the blue jersey, and when mini ao saw me modelling it later at home, she said 'wait until Mum sees it - she's going to die...' :rolleyes: :tongue:

Bought some base layer stuff, shorts, helmet for mini ao, and HRM from running section.

Top Bottom