Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DelB

I emailed edinburgh one a couple weeks back and they had no real date for the new ones coming out either, so there is defo the 5a in Edinburgh?

I like the pic :thumbsup:

Hi Col.

I've not long e-mailed the Edinburgh store this morning to ask about availability of the 5A, so will post their response here as soon as I hear back.

Cheers.

Radchenister

Veteran
Just in case anyone hasn't yet seen a proper pic of the new 5A.......... :thumbsup:

triban-5-a.jpg
Saw two in Birmingham Saturday - one of the mech's said limited sizes and availability but looks like they're on the way.

Col5632

Guru
Hi Col.

I've not long e-mailed the Edinburgh store this morning to ask about availability of the 5A, so will post their response here as soon as I hear back.

Cheers.

I've emailed them again this morning so hopefully get the same response :thumbsup:

Not able to get it until the first of april but i want it so bad :bicycle:

DelB

5a and 7a are now online to buy :becool:

I'm around 5 foot 11 what would be the best frame size for me?

I'm 6'1" and am going for a 60cm, I sat on a 60cm Triban 3 a few months back (when I didn't have the money to buy one!) and it felt pretty comfortable. I'd say a 57, but do you have the option to try before you buy?

DelB

Just had this response back from Decathlon Edinburgh.

'We do not currently have stock of the 60cm frame in the new Triban 5, I have however ordered it and should be available within a week. I will take your details from above and store them in our customer order file. As soon as the bike come into store I shall let you know.

We have the bike available in the 57cm frame if you would like to get your first look at it.'

Col5632

Guru
I'm 6'1" and am going for a 60cm, I sat on a 60cm Triban 3 a few months back (when I didn't have the money to buy one!) and it felt pretty comfortable. I'd say a 57, but do you have the option to try before you buy?

I can get to the edinburgh store at the weekend :thumbsup:

I got this reply:

"We are currently stocking both the new Triban 3 in all sizes and Triban 5 in the 54cm and 57cm frames, the other sizes are not available as the stock is not in the warehouse as of yet. The Triban 7 is still unavailable.
What size of frame would you be looking for?"

Hmmm, they have 10 of the Triban 3 Reds in the Glasgow store in my size... and given I just got a bill from my Factor for £400 (with more possibly to come) I may go for that as it's slightly cheaper than the 5A (nice as it looks in that picture!) :wub:

Col5632

Guru
Hmmm, they have 10 of the Triban 3 Reds in the Glasgow store in my size... and given I just got a bill from my Factor for £400 (with more possibly to come) I may go for that as it's slightly cheaper than the 5A (nice as it looks in that picture!) :wub:

The triban 3 is a cracking bike and exactly what i was going for until i learned there was a new slightly (better?) one coming out

Top Bottom