Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G3CWI

Veteran
REAR

T3 standard wheel - no cassette, tyre or tube but including QR = 1260g
Shimano R20 - as above 1150g.

Saving 110g

Conclusion T3 wheels are not that bad in terms of weight. However the R20s have much better hubs and look lovely!

OP
OP
Onthedrops

Onthedrops

Veteran
REAR

T3 standard wheel - no cassette, tyre or tube but including QR = 1260g
Shimano R20 - as above 1150g.

Saving 110g

Conclusion T3 wheels are not that bad in terms of weight. However the R20s have much better hubs and look lovely!

I'm sticking with the standard T3 wheels until the time comes to replace them. I reckon if they're looked after and greased regularly they should last a while. (The R20's do look better though!!!) :blush:

Sounds like the new one is due in shops for end of april :thumbsup:

Seems the Triban 3A is available now at Decathlon, though the 5A doesn't seem to be on sale yet...

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-3-a-id_8239800.html

Having said that the Glasgow store still seemingly has a few of the 'old' red model left in my size...I might see if I can pick one of those up, hold onto my Genesis Flyer for commuting and sell off my Carrera Crossfire (don't have the space in my flat for three bikes!) :smile:

Col5632

Guru
Seems the Triban 3A is available now at Decathlon, though the 5A doesn't seem to be on sale yet...

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-3-a-id_8239800.html

Having said that the Glasgow store still seemingly has a few of the 'old' red model left in my size...I might see if I can pick one of those up, hold onto my Genesis Flyer for commuting and sell off my Carrera Crossfire (don't have the space in my flat for three bikes!) :smile:

When i emailed the glasgow store they said late april but i was told late march, typical the 3a is there but not the 5 (the one i want to buy)

There is hope for me getting the bike for or not long after my birthday after all :smile:

pablo180

Hi could somebody tell me the differences between the triban 3 and the new triban 3a (the £280 one). I understand the original is a better bike but am getting tired of waiting so long for it to come into stock (im 60cm) and thinking of just buying the 3a which is now available online, is it still a good bike for £280? thanks

Hi could somebody tell me the differences between the triban 3 and the new triban 3a (the £280 one). I understand the original is a better bike but am getting tired of waiting so long for it to come into stock (im 60cm) and thinking of just buying the 3a which is now available online, is it still a good bike for £280? thanks
It doesn't have the carbon fork.

DelB

The 5A, at only £100 more than the 'original' 3 has surely got to be the best buy in the range now, no? :angel:

DelB

Just in case anyone hasn't yet seen a proper pic of the new 5A.......... :thumbsup:

triban-5-a.jpg

Col5632

Guru
Was in the Edinburgh one at the weekend, they had the 3a and 5a in stock as well as a few redones, so you might be able to get one there.

I emailed edinburgh one a couple weeks back and they had no real date for the new ones coming out either, so there is defo the 5a in Edinburgh?

I like the pic :thumbsup:

Top Bottom