Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kies

At work right now .... I will be getting the Triban out around 11AM
winter miles do indeed make summer smiles
MTFU - rule 5 :biggrin:

Radchenister

Veteran
I think it's time for a different perspective to all this MTFU stuff for our man OTDs; I will be out for a leisurely hour and a half, then an afternoon of watching the racing on Eurosport - kicking back, relaxing, drinking tea, adopting the self satisfied position of someone who's already done his ride for the day whilst tut tutting at the antics of the pro peleton ;) .

Phred1812

Eurosport also has Paris-Nice and Tirreno-Adriatico live. If its any consolation, the weather has been terrible for both so far. Also 6 Nations on the beeb. Plenty of excuses to leave the bike in the garage.

andyoxon

Legendary Member
The Lidl fromage bike computer has gone... and been replaced with a Garmin eTrex Vista HCx GPS. Bought off ebay, 4-5 yrs old now but seems to still do the basics (AFAIA). :smile: Trying to get to grips with generating gpx track and route files, waypoint limits, track logs, and mapsource atm.

8541138633_e18a489c92_b.jpg
P1160533 by ao, on Flickr

8541138805_723578a36e_b.jpg
P1160534 by ao, on Flickr

D

Deleted member 20519

Lemmings? :whistle:

Naa, definitely an improvement. My wheels have saved 1kg in weight which is noticeable up hills. They also roll smoother, quieter and I can coast for longer because the hubs are 1000x better.

Darren W

Bought my Triban 3 to see if i liked road biking and i love it, can't fault it for the price as a beginner 1st bike. I've changed the seat and pedals to shimano 105 spd. Also just replace the tyres for some Continental GatorSkins,
Thinking of doing the Manchester to Blackpool ride on 14th July its 60 miles for charity or you can just ride it takes up to 8000 entries so quite popular. Never rode that far before so seeing how my training before signing up for it. Most i've done is 30 miles, anybody on here doing it?

Happy riding folks Darren :bicycle:

I've taken mine for it's first jaunt this morning. A nice undulating 35 miler.

Very happy and much quicker and more comfortable than my hybrid. The gears need a little work on them still but otherwise the bike is great.

I also need to work on riding position as I got a sore neck. The problem is that I'm lifting my head too much because as a glasses wearer I don't have good peripheral vison to glance far ahead.

malcermie

Had quite a shock the other day when I took out my hybrid Raleigh Grande, it felt so heavy and hard work after the T3, yet last year I was quite happy with it. Just shows how one can get used to a different bike so quickly.

And no wieght of the mekke is shown on there more info site If you going to spend that much you might as well save a bit more and go full carbon.
I still can't get over just how fast my Btwin is after riding the Trek for the last 6 months.

Phred1812

And no wieght of the mekke is shown on there more info site If you going to spend that much you might as well save a bit more and go full carbon.
I still can't get over just how fast my Btwin is after riding the Trek for the last 6 months.

My thoughts entirely. I cannot see that it is worth twice the cost of a T3. It has a slightly better gearset but only compact not triple chain rings and the wheels look a bit better. Otherwise not much of an improvement over the Triban which has more than adequate frame and forks.

D

Deleted member 20519

How easy is it to change from 8 speed to 9/10 speed? I was thinking of getting some Tiagra shifters and then buying my mates 105 derailleurs for £15 each, would this all be compatible? I could always flog the 2300 stuff afterwards.

Top Bottom