Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Speaking of which, if you go to their Birmingham store by bike or plan on riding back, make sure you either have a good route planned or you're properly confident on the road. Wednesbury is practically a service station, so cycling and pedestrian facilities are nil.

There's a good chance your route will take you over a motorway ring road, especially if you catch the train down to Bescott Stadium. I found that pretty daunting at first, but if you can do a full-on sprint at 20+ mph up the reasonably shallow incline you shouldn't have a problem with the traffic.
i cycle from birmingham so over the M5 then down to wednesbury then onto Dec. store.
nice hill and traffic is ok apart from 2 interesting roundabouts ( when i forget to unclip my feet ....)

Black Country Ste

i cycle from birmingham so over the M5 then down to wednesbury then onto Dec. store.
nice hill and traffic is ok apart from 2 interesting roundabouts ( when i forget to unclip my feet ....)
I'm in Moseley. If I was going to ride to Decathlon I'd go straight up the Middleway and Icknield Port into Smerrick, West Brom and Black Lake

I tawt I taw Kookas today in Kings Heath. It was definitely someone on a T3 at about half 11 turning into Howard Road.

Leescfc79

Über Member
im assuming you then raced them and made sure you were faster? no just me on a summer sportive....

Unfortunately I was in my car driving to work, I was tempted to shout hello but thought how much it would scare me having a mental person driving past me screaming so decided against it!

stewby

Regular
Got it, just sitting admiring it in all it's redness. Please let the weather hold tomorrow, got a nice 25 miler planned to test it out.

I've just officially joined the club after a post-work trip to Lakeside. I'm now the proud owner of a 57cm model.

Why does the day light never come?

stewby

Regular
I've just officially joined the club after a post-work trip to Lakeside. I'm now the proud owner of a 57cm model.

Why does the day light never come?

Horrible isn't it, I am almost tempted for an early morning blast before going to work in the morning but I am terrible at getting up, the bike is crying "ride me!" at me.

Horrible isn't it, I am almost tempted for an early morning blast before going to work in the morning but I am terrible at getting up, the bike is crying "ride me!" at me.

Mine's the same.....dirty cheap little red whore from Essex she is!

Drool........!!!!

JohnC60

Rear wheel bearings started making an intermittent tapping noise about 30 miles into a 40 miler a couple of weeks ago.( Total mileage about 330 miles from new). I carried on (slightly slower than usual) hoping that it wouldn't get worse. Only just found time to check them out. There was grease on both sides but probably not as much as there should be and it was a browny/red colour. Getting caught in a torrential downpour on an earlier ride being the likely cause. Cleaned/re-greased put back together and went for a test ride of 4.6 miles in spite of the rain and got a 2nd best time on an unlit segment. No unusual noises either. A job well worth doing!

OP
OP
Onthedrops

Onthedrops

Veteran
Forecast not looking good for the weekend.
What to do? Observe rule 5 and get myself and the gleaming T3 wet and dirty?
Decide to keep the bike clean and find something else to do?

They say winter miles make summer smiles, not quite certain in this horrible weather. We got snow forecast for tomorrow! Can it get any worse?:cry:

Top Bottom