Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barnesy99

According to website Coventry store now have 7 in stock in a 60 frame. Was going to get one on C2W but am hoping to change jobs in next few months and the Cyclescheme website suggests I would have to pay full whack and still not own the bike if I did change employers. Now thinking of paying cash as not sure I can be bothered with the hassle to save a few quid. Think it's well worth a call to whichever store you're visiting to check stock rather than trust the website.

Just had an email from a guy who works at Surrey Quays and he says they now have stock. He must have been misinformed that it was going to take 2-4 weeks to get stock. Seems a lot of the other stores have stock too now :biggrin:

billy92

Well I just assumed that they would tighten them as they check bikes over. Near death was a bit over dramatic but it did lead to me falling off but as you imagine the consequences could have been much worse on a busier road. They were very helpful about the incident however.

Havoc6

Well I just assumed that they would tighten them as they check bikes over. Near death was a bit over dramatic but it did lead to me falling off but as you imagine the consequences could have been much worse on a busier road. They were very helpful about the incident however.

Spooky had exactly the same experience this morning coming down a hill at about 30mph , just putting my bottle back after having a drink only to find that the bars had moved round and were now pointing towards the grass bank .Clipless moment flapped like a budgie last second save , just managed to get my foot out to save my bacon. When I got home I couldn't believe how loose the bolts were and this was only my 3rd ride ! Best I check the rest of the bike now.

Edwards80

Über Member
Well my Triban held up against some very lovely looking bikes today. I did my 1st road race :biggrin:

Huge fun, if you're thinking about trying it, go for it :-) Many far more important things than the logo on your triangular shaped bit of metal with 2 wheels and some pedals attached. Find a good club though, the support from team mates is extremely welcome!

I finished 30th out of 71 finishers - http://app.strava.com/activities/42985986

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
It should be marked on them somewhere, Scott (Edwards80) has worn through and replaced a couple of chainrings I think, so he will know the teeth count for sure.

Typhon

Ah yes, thanks. It's a bit faded but I think it says 50/39/30.

So with the standard 12-25 cassette that gives a lowest gear ratio in the middle chainset of 39/25 = 1.56 and on the granny ring is 1.2 (I think!)

Just making a mental note of that for comparing to double.

justkeeppedaling

just thought I'd come on and post my thoughts of my new wheels. I know its been discussed earlier which has been a lot of help to me.

I got some shimano R501 30mm profile wheels from Ribble for £85 quid (extra 10% off at the mo) and some Continental Ultra Race Tyres which, after reading reviews on other sites may be the wrong choice but we'll see.

Anyway, fitted them gave everywhere a good clean,lube, adjust etc and out for a twenty five miler yesterday and it feels superb, such a big difference, the bike just feels so much smoother.and looks so much cooler

My original wheels, when I took them off are showing signs of wear, so I think I made the right decision.

hope this helps others who are thinking of changing soon

Top Bottom