Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stewby

Regular
They have 5 sizes showing available in Coventry.

Thanks, just noticed that. Odd as last night the 60 frame was definitely showing as out of stock at Coventry. Not sure Decathlon's online stock checker always up to date.

Kies

put new cassette, chain and shifters on. lights all back on, and chainstay protector finally came. tis ready for work tomorrow.
Capture-3_zpsc902c8c4.png

Loving that look. Which mudguards and tyres have you put on the bike?
How easy was it to convert from the Sora changers to double lever ones?

barnesy99

Anybody had any info from Decathlon about when anymore stock of the current T3 is due? None anywhere again at the minute.

I emailed the Surrey Quays store and they said 2-4 weeks. However when I looked this morning, Surrey Quays seem to have mysteriously gained stock. Not sure if it's correct but it says 8 triban 3's are available in size 60 at Surrey Quays. Confusing!

Duckehhh

Do you still have an 8 speed cassette and the original derailleur?
I kept the same deraileur. but Now have a 9 speed shimano hg-50, and a 9 speed kmc chain.

Loving that look. Which mudguards and tyres have you put on the bike?
How easy was it to convert from the Sora changers to double lever ones?

once the cables are cut, the whole lever just loosens off with the allen bolt. I Thought I would have to unravel the tape. But the new shifters use the same mounting ring/brackets as the sora ones.

Crudroad racer mk2s and tyres are schwalbe luganos

Phred1812

I kept the same deraileur. but Now have a 9 speed shimano hg-50, and a 9 speed kmc chain.

once the cables are cut, the whole lever just loosens off with the allen bolt. I Thought I would have to unravel the tape. But the new shifters use the same mounting ring/brackets as the sora ones.

Crudroad racer mk2s and tyres are schwalbe luganos

Thanks Duckehhh. I wish I hadn't changed my cassette to another 8 speed now. I didnt realise that the derailler would work with 8 and 9 speed and that it was so easy to swich the shifters. Forgive my ignorance but why do you need to cut the cables?

Duckehhh

Thanks Duckehhh. I wish I hadn't changed my cassette to another 8 speed now. I didnt realise that the derailler would work with 8 and 9 speed and that it was so easy to swich the shifters. Forgive my ignorance but why do you need to cut the cables?
to remove them. they were slightly frayed at the ends, near the clamping bolts on the derailer and front brake, so just snipped the cables and put new ones on.

Get the current one If can though you may not then perhaps wait and get a 2nd hand current model but go and look at it first perhaps

billy92

I did own a triban 3 as my first road bike but as decathlon decided to not tighten the handle bars up during their bike safety check and nearly killed me I got a free upgrade to a triban 5. Do I still count as a member of the club? :tongue:

stewby

Regular
I emailed the Surrey Quays store and they said 2-4 weeks. However when I looked this morning, Surrey Quays seem to have mysteriously gained stock. Not sure if it's correct but it says 8 triban 3's are available in size 60 at Surrey Quays. Confusing!

According to website Coventry store now have 7 in stock in a 60 frame. Was going to get one on C2W but am hoping to change jobs in next few months and the Cyclescheme website suggests I would have to pay full whack and still not own the bike if I did change employers. Now thinking of paying cash as not sure I can be bothered with the hassle to save a few quid. Think it's well worth a call to whichever store you're visiting to check stock rather than trust the website.

Phred1812

I did own a triban 3 as my first road bike but as decathlon decided to not tighten the handle bars up during their bike safety check and nearly killed me I got a free upgrade to a triban 5. Do I still count as a member of the club? :tongue:

Lucky you. You are still alive and have a better bike. You get my vote for what its worth. My handlebars were loose too when I got the bike home. Not wanting to do a 400 mile round trip I just tightened them up myself. I expect most people adjust the bars to suit their preferred position.

Radchenister

Veteran
Strikes me as a school boy error on their part, generously resolved though - I'll mention it to the Nempnett Thrubwell manager, as imagine the consequences with a less astute cider swilling yokel ... doesn't bear thinking about!

I assume they receive them from France in the same state I did via mail order and someone likely pulled the bars straight but forgot to tighten - how did this lead to a near death experience? Did you see the bright light?

Radchenister

Veteran
According to website Coventry store now have 7 in stock in a 60 frame. Was going to get one on C2W but am hoping to change jobs in next few months and the Cyclescheme website suggests I would have to pay full whack and still not own the bike if I did change employers. Now thinking of paying cash as not sure I can be bothered with the hassle to save a few quid. Think it's well worth a call to whichever store you're visiting to check stock rather than trust the website.

They do have a notice saying 'receive e-mail when available' - wonder if they're pending delivery their end?

Top Bottom