Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Edwards80

Über Member
What one are you doing? never had the guts to even consider one...

The CDNW road race at Pimbo. http://www.cdnw.org/r.r._league_event_1_pimbo.html I wouldn't have considered it either but was encouraged by some folks from the club to just give it a go.

Phred1812

I didn't have that issue when I swapped out my stem on a 54cm T3.

I expect your replacement had the same outside dimensions then. I only paid ten quid for the 80mm stem. The LBS had taken it off a new bike they had sold to another customer. Interestingly, its 30gms lighter than the old one. A second tip. If you are thinking of carrying out mods do it earlier in the week. I went on line last night to order some spacers (you can get a carbon set for £3.69) but no supplier could guarantee delivery before next week. As I want to do some serious riding this weekend its another trip to the LBS today. Factor in the fuel costs and the stem was not such a bargain.

The CDNW road race at Pimbo. http://www.cdnw.org/r.r._league_event_1_pimbo.html I wouldn't have considered it either but was encouraged by some folks from the club to just give it a go.
best of luck with it.
I did try going out with a club, but the truth was I was not ready (bad leg injury 12 months ago) and struggled to keep up with them for the 55 miles we did. Their "slowest group's" average is still 2-3mph faster than my average, so for the time being I am still working on distance not speed!

On the subject of stems I brought one of these cos I felt I needed something shorter. Got a some carbon spacers and top cap to cos carbon fibre looks cool :smile:
adu5u6uh.jpg

gesu8ada.jpg

Phred1812

On the subject of stems I brought one of these cos I felt I needed something shorter. Got a some carbon spacers and top cap to cos carbon fibre looks cool :smile:
adu5u6uh.jpg

gesu8ada.jpg

Looks really nice Chris. I was thinking of getting carbon spacers myself. What size is your stem?

Don't change the tape. Black sets off the red components nicely

Kies

That looks so cool. I will be buying one as my stem is 110mm and i feel a bit stretched out on it.
Edit : ordered the 70mm :biggrin:

Looks really nice Chris. I was thinking of getting carbon spacers myself. What size is your stem?

Don't change the tape. Black sets off the red components nicely
I went for the 80mm, I've been considering red bar tape. But I'm trying to stop buying little bits and pieces (seem to spending a fortune on bits for the bike and on clothing) and save some money for new wheels in the summer :becool:

Billy Adam

I went for the 80mm, I've been considering red bar tape. But I'm trying to stop buying little bits and pieces (seem to spending a fortune on bits for the bike and on clothing) and save some money for new wheels in the summer :becool:
That's what i told myself too, Chris but people keep putting really cool pics on here.
Its murder I tells ya.:hyper:

Radchenister

Veteran
Apply Rule #5 and resist ... just go for a ride more often, that'll make you faster than spending £80 to £150 on wheels - don't even think of trying to argue with me, I am a member of the Velominati! :dry: :laugh: :dry:

Billy Adam

Apply Rule #5 and resist ... just go for a ride more often, that'll make you faster than spending £80 to £150 on wheels - don't even think of trying to argue with me, I am a member of the Velominati! :dry: :laugh: :dry:
Give us this day our daily V (five),
and forgive us our Rule violations,
as we drop those who attack against us,
lead us not off our line
but deliver us from Anti-V.

Top Bottom