Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Billy Adam

Should be harder to run them over in a road bike!:whistle: small target, smaller implement. Did run one over on tour... messy
I hit one the other day and nearly went straight over the handle bars.

I hit one the other day and nearly went straight over the handle bars.
think mine might have been a touch smaller...
not my photo - pancakes (as flat lemmings became known) disappear at the instant you produce a camera...
lemming.jpg

I take it you and your bike survived and the lemming was not one of these, flat or otherwise?

Tom Hooper

my wheels seem to become untrue an awful lot might be the terribe roads around northumberland, just had a full service done so i can attempt to get out more, my gears needed adjusted a quick release became stuck on the rear wheel, not sure if thats decathons fault or my turbo trainer, both wheels needed tuning and brakes had to be adjusted.

Billy Adam

Mail order is the no travel option (for you not the courier ;)), you can't go far wrong from here (I had mine the next day - other stockists available) http://www.evanscycles.com/products/shimano/m520-spd-pedals-ec005948 .

These are MTB style, they come with cleats - you need MTB style shoes if you go for these.

Other options available, including road style but I'll stick my neck out and say you can't go far wrong with these as a starting point and can always switch later (selling them on), they are fine on a road bike, despite what Rule #34 says.
I really need to stop coming on here. Thats another fine £18.00 its cost me, in white.

Billy Adam

I bought m520s for another bike and never put them on, guess I'll have to give them a go with them on the T3; just don't fancy falling off while 'getting used to them'...
Once you do, you'll wonder why it took you so long. just practice clipping in and twisting out while leaning on something. It's well worth the effort.

SubSonic

Ah lucky old Triban 3. Here she is all dressed up in her new shimano R501 wheelset, michelin tyres, Sram cassette and chain.
She can't wait to hit the road on Saturday morning........

photo (2).JPG
photo (3).JPG
photo.JPG

Kookas

Über Member
Let us know how you get on please.
Finally picked up the bike after leaving it in the workshop two weeks ago. Result was great, wheels are perfect again. They had been planning to charge me £8 for it, but I suggested that it be considered warranty service. The guy agreed with me on that, so I left without paying a penny. Still, I'd recommend having a tenner ready just in case.

Customer service was fantastic by the way.

Phred1812

A tip for anyone thinking of changing their stem. Make sure you have some spare headset spacers. I decided to try a 80mm stem instead of the 100mm fitted to my 54" bike. I bought the stem from my LBS late yesterday afternoon, carried out what should have been a straight swap, only to find that the new stem, although the same 1.8" in diameter, has smaller outside dimensions. As a result the top clamp bolt would not tighten up the headset bearings. Back to the LBS this morning.

A tip for anyone thinking of changing their stem. Make sure you have some spare headset spacers. I decided to try a 80mm stem instead of the 100mm fitted to my 54" bike. I bought the stem from my LBS late yesterday afternoon, carried out what should have been a straight swap, only to find that the new stem, although the same 1.8" in diameter, has smaller outside dimensions. As a result the top clamp bolt would not tighten up the headset bearings. Back to the LBS this morning.

I didn't have that issue when I swapped out my stem on a 54cm T3.

Top Bottom