Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Radchenister

Veteran
:sad:
You don't mean that surely? Bianchis are built or at least assembled dangerously close to Etna
You're right of course. :biggrin:

I am still pondering the new offerings, none appear to be such a clear choice as the legendary red one, although you might see the new 3 as even more of a bargain if you just want to get out there? Also, there's a whole new set of comparisons to make if considering the new T5 and T7, not ones I'm likely to make seriously, as I'm not yet in the market for a new bike - I've still got cassette, wheels and tire upgrades to work through. Be interesting to see what the class of 2013/2014 start veering towards buying.

Billy Adam

The T3 has definately got a lot of people into road biking and like you Rad I've got some wheels, cassettes etc to upgrade before I get another bike. How far to go on the upgrade front (skies the limit)

Phred1812

The T3 has definately got a lot of people into road biking and like you Rad I've got some wheels, cassettes etc to upgrade before I get another bike. How far to go on the upgrade front (skies the limit)

I've changed the wheels, tyres, pedals and cassette. I will probably get a better chain because they are cheap enough. I think I'll leave it at that. The chain rings and cranks seem to to the job and an upgrade would be a very marginal gain. Perhaps when and if they wear out. The one thing I would like to change is the shifters but again I don't believe a change would bring sufficient added value. If we are not careful, the upgrades will have cost more than the original bike, great value that it was.

6 months, 3,000km in all weather.
changed tyres, brake pads, pedals (three times!), drops (needed something narrower) & stem (shorter), bar tape...
added cross levers for extra braking options, pannier rack, mud guards, my lights, 2 bottles cages, pump holder

worn out rear wheel hub, 2 sets of pedals, chain & original tyres
decathlon broke BB when they tried to release it for me, so replaced & upgraded it under warranty, also replaced rear wheel hub, brake cables and a few other bits & pieces...

Phred1812

Tbh, who cares, I'll.be riding a Bianchi this time next year and am only hyping the T3 to maintain the resale value ;) .

Here's the one for you then. Better start saving!

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/tech/bikes/129565/1/bianchi-oltre-xr.html

Radchenister

Veteran
ftfy: http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/tech/bikes/129565/1/bianchi-oltre-xr.html

Actually, looks a bit shoddy, if we're getting into fantasy bikes for fantasy riders ...

hirst-madone_zps7497cee0.jpg

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...- damien-hirst-bike-fetches-half-million.html

Radchenister

Veteran
At the moment only changed pedals for spd's looking to do wheels next as that would seem to give biggest gains.
Personally, I think new tires, greased hubs, a new rear cassette and drive train would have a very similar effect - the wheels are a post 2k treat IMO ;) but then I have a lot of mass to shift already, the wheel mass is nothing in the scheme of things :biggrin: .

Billy Adam

Personally, I think new tires, greased hubs, a new rear cassette and drive train would have a very similar effect - the wheels are a post 2k treat IMO ;) but then I have a lot of mass to shift already, the wheel mass is nothing in the scheme of things :biggrin: .
Ah! But think how easy it would be to move that mass on some free rolling wheels. 8o)

Top Bottom