Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Phred1812

couldn't resist being post 1000 in this thread.:biggrin:
our 2 T3's have b'twin not BTWIN as well - same as the top picture, but with wheels!

I think the upper case ones maybe more recent builds. Mine is just like the ebay one and it doesn't have a badge on the head tube like Duckehhh's. The colours look a bit different too but it could just be the photograph.. I wonder if this has anything to do with where the frames are built? Mine say's Italy but others seem to have Romanian built frames.

Radchenister

Veteran
Although the question is have you had your bike moving? It's been so miserable here I couldn't face it today but I will force myself tomorrow.

Radchenister

Veteran
Fair play, we've had heating problems today - was cold at my desk all day, which put me right off venturing out.

... and yes I know, RULE 5 !!!

out again today here as well. didn't really want to, avoided this am (BP was too low again) and then had a quick 'sprint' up the A49 into a stiff headwind, collected my iPhone which one of my OH's work collegues had accidentally walked off with thinking it was his, and cycled home again - 37km...
have to go into town twice tomorrow, east/west route rather than north/south route of today. want to place odds on the wind swinging round overnight? about the same distance again tomorrow.

CommuterBen

Regular
hey guys just wondering what lube you use on the chain been working away and come home mine looking like it will rust. On a budget so bargains appriciated!

Kies

GT85 isn't a chain lube folks,use it for cleaning the chain and gears as it repels water. Once done you need to apply a wet or dry lube to the chain

Phred1812

hey guys just wondering what lube you use on the chain been working away and come home mine looking like it will rust. On a budget so bargains appriciated!

The chain's probably made from recylced Fiats or maybe Dacias. A replacement SRAM chain costs £8.99 from Wiggle. More expensive than a can of oil but likely to be smoother than the OE chain.

Top Bottom