Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Phred1812

The Etna issue is a real worry IMO, I would write an e-mail to Decathloin if I owned one from south of the Alps ;) !

... and I admit that there's nothing wrong with Fulcrums, I quite like them in fact but I'm also taken by Mavics and the practical price point of the Shimanos - choices, choices, choices!

Actually, I am feeling a bit tetchy on the wheel issue, as I'd really like some right now but I've set a 2000K challenge to myself before buying new ones, as all practical people will say ride the old ones until you're fit and light, which makes perfect sense but this is now looking like a long old slog and I do like my kit ... I was just yanking the chain of those owners who've already made the purchase to see what reaction I'd get ... terrible trolling I admit, I will reprimand myself via degreasing my wheel hubs and going on a long ride on Sunday :biggrin: (well perhaps just the second bit).

Just got back from my first 50k (miles aren't allowed apparently - take note Mr Farage) since the new wheels, tyres and cassette (SRAM) were fitted. Its a transformation. Do yourself a favour, steal the kid's pocket money and invest in some wheels. If a budget pair of Fulcrums can make that much difference I wonder what a £1,000 set would be like.

damn scary stuff Typhon... i just bought my bike 2 weeks ago and i realise the gears are kinda grouchy too, and when im riding on top gear, its kinda noisy .. i think the chain is rubbing on the front derailleur..

sounds like mine did - popped back to Dec and sorted it

Radchenister

Veteran
Whilst I think Decathlon could make a bit more effort to get gears sorted from the off, it's not uncommon for them to need adjusting, as cables will stretch and things settle.

In the future this will be something that will continue to happen on occasions, it's a natural thing to occur - I am surprised people expect otherwise ... might be an idea to learn how to adjust / fix them? ... or find a LBS who will look after you at a reasonable rate? ... or make friends with someone who knows how?

Phred1812

The btwin branding on the frame of that eBay listed t3 is a lot different from my t3. Is it an older/newer design?

The Ebay one looks exactly like mine except for the wheels of course - mine are Fulcrums. I bought mine in January. I hope these bikes are not becoming so popular that people are building fakes to cash in on the demand.

Duckehhh

The Ebay one looks exactly like mine except for the wheels of course - mine are Fulcrums. I bought mine in January. I hope these bikes are not becoming so popular that people are building fakes to cash in on the demand.

this is the one i have
3.png

and this is the ebayers
$(KGrHqV,!o0FEF22rOO)BRE88nV1c!~~60_57.JPG

i seen a few of these about. and assumed it the £1200 btwin bike decathlon sells.

Tom Hooper

my BTWIN isnt in capitals iv had mine since june.

Top Bottom