Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Changed a few bits on my triban....

Sora calipers, adjustable bbb stem, giant seat, longer seat post, schwalbe lugano reds, k-edge garmin mount, shimano m520 pedals and in the next day or two i'll be swapping the rear cassette for a sram 11-28 and if the derailleur isnt compatable i'll be buying a tiagra one.....
IMG-20130206-00054.jpg

IMG-20130206-00055.jpg
IMG-20130206-00052.jpg
IMG-20130206-00056.jpg

Sora calipers, adjustable bbb stem, giant seat, longer seat post, schwalbe lugano reds, k-edge garmin mount, shimano m520 pedals and in the next day or two i'll be swapping the rear cassette for a sram 11-28 and if the derailleur isnt compatable i'll be buying a tiagra one..... View attachment 18605

View attachment 18604 View attachment 18602 View attachment 18603
What a very odd looking riding position.

I finally got round to cleaning and greasing wheel hubs today. Found it quite easy, next job is checking the bottom bracket.

Also changed the brake pads to these http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=55814

star84

Regular
hello guys yesterday for the first time i tried to use the smallest gear on my t3 and couldnt ride with it as it doesnt feel right it feels like the chains is loose or broke with some funny sound but when i switch to the middle gear it was ok...is this normal has anyone had same issue with theres?

Kookas

Über Member
hello guys yesterday for the first time i tried to use the smallest gear on my t3 and couldnt ride with it as it doesnt feel right it feels like the chains is loose or broke with some funny sound but when i switch to the middle gear it was ok...is this normal has anyone had same issue with theres?

Is your chain rubbing the front derailleur cage?

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Blimey jjfdave, that's a tall bike - I've got a cycling buddy who's 6'3'' and his doesn't look as lofty as that?

I'm 6'8 so the triban is a bit of a stop gap till I'm allowed to buy. A 66cm rose bike. I do love my triban. Will probably buy some wheels tomorrow. Something with sealed bearings and 36 spokes

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

Sora calipers, adjustable bbb stem, giant seat, longer seat post, schwalbe lugano reds, k-edge garmin mount, shimano m520 pedals and in the next day or two i'll be swapping the rear cassette for a sram 11-28 and if the derailleur isnt compatable i'll be buying a tiagra one..... View attachment 18605

View attachment 18604 View attachment 18602 View attachment 18603

Is the saddle meant to go that high?

It must be applying a lot of leverage on the tube and seat stays.

Top Bottom