Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Billy Adam

Well I took the plunge yesterday and ordered one online as I've deliberated enough , Plus they where out of stock for about 2 weeks (must be all of you buying them up!) I've already got a new pair of pedals (Shimarno 520 double sided SPD's) for it as don't like the look of the standard ones supplied, they tell me about ten days and by that time I'm sure we will be back to having rain and gales again; I can't wait.
I note what on the drops says about the catching the toe clips on a mudflap of the SKS gards though saw on another forum that somebody had posted about not being able to fit mudgards on it a not enough clearance under the forks?
I got some Shimarno SPD 530's for other bike and seem ok at the moment on them just one little second when I forgot I was cliped in I
I notice to the post about the wheel bearings this is definatly worth checking over just for the sake of the cost of two spanners?
Regards to all Antnee
Use the spd's on mine (changed them over from my old bike) work fine. Feels weird riding without them now.

malcermie

Only did ten freezing miles today chose a reasonably flat route just to check my cadence according to the chart by Sheldon Brown my cadence is about seventy, as I was cycling into a strong head wind in a quite high gear didn't think it was too bad:laugh:

Typhon

Thanks, I forgot to take it off. This rear light and a front, were a Decathlon freebee, it's now off the bike; my Smart lights (et al) will go on when needed.

(Spoke reflectors have also gone...)

Funnily enough, I took delivery of my Triban 3 last week and exactly the same as you; removed the free bee lights (although the rear isn't bad) and replaced them with (co-coincidently) my Smart lights and got rid of the dreadful wheel reflectors.

I've done just over 50 miles on it now. I'm interested in what people here say they are looking to change and adapt. Apart from the obvious adjustments I'm happy with the set up of mine right out of the box. But I'll keep an open mind. I've customised just about every bike I've had before so it will be a miracle if this one goes untouched! I'm loving it so far.

outlash

also available in orange
Do I need a chain whip with this to put the new cassette on?

Nope, you'll need one of them to take it off. It's dead easy, all you do is line up the pieces that come seperate from the main body of the cassette, slide it onto the hub and tighten it up with the tool (using a suitable wrench). Took me literally a couple of minutes.

Tony.

Typhon

Nope, you'll need one of them to take it off. It's dead easy, all you do is line up the pieces that come seperate from the main body of the cassette, slide it onto the hub and tighten it up with the tool (using a suitable wrench). Took me literally a couple of minutes.

Tony.

Ah ok, so as I'm buying a new cassette and fitting it to a new wheel I just need the lockring tool then? And if I wanted to take the cassette off in future I would need the chain whip?

Hello all. Sorry to change the subject slightly but its still relates to the Triban 3 so not that far off.
I notice earlier in the thread about the wheels needing more grease I've looked high and low but not found my cone spanner, So just remind me what size is it as being a French bike its going to be a metric size Was it 15mm or 17mm and were the best place to get them from? Any help would most welcome regards Antnee

OP
OP
Onthedrops

Onthedrops

Veteran
I started this thread on 8th January and so far it has 24 pages!!! Just goes to prove how popular the Triban 3 is as a road bike. Cheap as chips but a brilliant bike for the money.

Check out the dedicated forum for T3 owners in my sig. Growing nicely! :bravo:

martin122

Regular
I started this thread on 8th January and so far it has 24 pages!!! Just goes to prove how popular the Triban 3 is as a road bike. Cheap as chips but a brilliant bike for the money.

Check out the dedicated forum for T3 owners in my sig. Growing nicely! :bravo:
yes I second that:dance::bravo::wahhey:

Top Bottom